PDA

View Full Version : Aks TPTK on the flop vs re raiser pf 200 NL 6 max

MINETZ
08-30-2005, 01:20 PM
villian in this hand is 55.7/22.86/1.24 over only 70 hands.
comments preflop and on the flop please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($198)
BB ($226)
UTG ($255.30)
MP ($693.95)
CO ($419.80)
Button ($231.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($58) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $56</font>.

Final Pot: $114

TheWorstPlayer
08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I call and c/r the turn a-i. And I don't like your re-raise. Make it $25-30 or just call.

MINETZ
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
normally i would make it more to go, but decided to keep in his medicre hand that he was making it 5 with, which he had done with many hands as respresented by his stats. why would u just call the flop then lead the turn ai?
Noah

TheWorstPlayer
08-30-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call and c/r the turn a-i.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would u just call the flop then lead the turn ai?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And make it more. You don't want to 'keep him in' with deepish stacks and out of position. Blast him out of there. This is already a nice pot to take down. I raise to 30 or something and then push the flop or whatever. I'm playing this super fast if I'm re-raising. You are too deep to play your mamby-pamby line. But in reality I would just call here. Your hand plays well multi-way and everyone is going to call this little pot builder.

MTBlue
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
I love your line. It's a beautiful baby reraise and then a plan to stack off with tptk. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

djoyce003
08-30-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
normally i would make it more to go, but decided to keep in his medicre hand that he was making it 5 with, which he had done with many hands as respresented by his stats. why would u just call the flop then lead the turn ai?
Noah

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else moderately alarmed here? Sure villain has high vpip and pfr, but his agression is low. You aren't ahead of much here....I think AA is a real possibility. The only hands you are ahead of is the most horribly played QQ or KQ i've ever seen. I think a split pot is likely here as is losing to KK or AA.

TheWorstPlayer
08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Of course you might be behind but you are too late to turn back now. Only thing to do is to figure out how to stack him off when you are ahead since you are obviously stacking off when he is ahead at this point. This is why the re-raise preflop was no good.

08-30-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else moderately alarmed here? Sure villain has high vpip and pfr, but his agression is low.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is generally that someone with those stats is capable of playing QQ and even JJ balls out as if they have Aces or Kings. So I would be "somewhat concerned" but not alarmed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a High PP other than Aces or Kings or even another AK (heck, I've been guilty of playing AQs this way... but with a very good read on my opponent)

I think a bigger PFR would mitigate this a little... but it seems villain is going to put his stack in with this hand regardless of our bet size.

How many times out of ten do you think we're up against Aces?

MINETZ
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
i c/r the flop AI and get called by a4d and it holds up /images/graemlins/smile.gif