PDA

View Full Version : things that make you go ARGGGG!!!!!

oddjob
04-14-2003, 02:06 PM
i think i've discovered my biggest poker pet peeve ever!! ever!!!!!!

it's when a relatively new player has been sitting there for hours, and asks everytime how much it is to him? i mean, even a not so bright person can figure out that if it has been $2 to call for the past 4 hours, it's going to be $2 to call every other time... disregarding any raises.

right?

another one i've found is, at the tables that at my regular card room, they have a line that makes an oval on the felt, that clearly marks where they want you to place your money. when a player fails to do so time after time, even after the dealer and the players next to him, tell him he should put his money within the line, it really really bugs me.

the only thing that stops me from freaking out on these people is, i figure they can't be very bright if they haven't figured these things out.

Phat Mack
04-14-2003, 02:54 PM
i mean, even a not so bright person can figure out that if it has been $2 to call for the past 4 hours, it's going to be $2 to call every other time

What's even better is when, after being told it's $2 for the 200th time, they ask, "OK, how much can I raise?"

In a limit game!

RiverMel
04-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Patience...is what you need to have with these people. The people asking how much it is are probably not great players. I'll have them in my game any time. As for not putting your money in the middle, they are probably not doing it maliciously or even consciously, so I have a hard time getting angry at them.

Tommy Angelo
04-14-2003, 03:27 PM
"it's when a relatively new player has been sitting there for hours, and asks everytime how much it is to him?"

What I hate is when they stop asking.

mike l.
04-14-2003, 03:28 PM
"even a not so bright person can figure out"

some people are super un-bright. usually they ask that question because they have already decided "i am seeing the turn (and usually the river) no matter how likely it is im beat, no matter how small the pot, no matter how much it is to me, no matter how likely it is im drawing dead; after all, why should i care, i have two cards in front of me and some chips!"

so no this really doesnt bother me at all.

Lee Jones
04-14-2003, 04:09 PM
I'll tell you what really upsets me:

Every time I want to post a clever reply to some post, Tommy posts it first, only more eloquently and concisely. That really pisses me off.

But of course, as soon as they stop asking, they are improving as players; that costs you money. Is that good?

I always get a kick out of teaching people to play poker. The action gets to them, and they say, "How much do I have to put in?" And I smile and say, "Nothing." Somewhere, their future opponents are getting a stomach ache and don't know why.

Regards, Lee

oddjob
04-14-2003, 04:34 PM
as i said, i realize that this is a sign that they are not a good player. but for some reason it really really bugs me. i won't ever say anything to them.

i realize that it takes a thick skin to be a profitable player, but there are times when i'm torn up on the inside. i mean i'll joke around with these people and make them feel at home, but on the inside i feel annoyed to no end.

can't even explain it.

i guess that's why i said it's a pet peeve