PDA

View Full Version : Sklansky on crack!

hmkpoker
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
In the proud tradition of David's moral/ethical challenges, I have presented a series of "two door" problems; that is, you may save only the person or persons behind one of the doors, else they both die. Feel free to answer, comment or flame.

(A) An acquaintance you once met at a party, or (B) two random people?

(A) A random person of your race, or (B) a random person of a different race?

(A) Your child, or (B) the population of a non-descript third-world population that means little to the global economy?

(A) The bully who made fun of you back in gradeschool, and is now happily married with kids, or (B) your goldfish?

(A) Your mother, or (B) an important, wealthy businessperson/philanthropist who happily employs thousands and donates millions to charity?

(A) Yourself or (B) the brains behind stopping the third reich? (in this instance, a time-traveling event would take place and enable Hitler to win the war)

PairTheBoard
08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I think you should always switch doors. It's just like the Monty Hall problem.

PairTheBoard

08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
No more of these, please!

You have to kill either:
(a) a man in plaid golf pants, or (b) a child molester
(a) a mouse with 3 minutes to live, or (b) a cat with 1 minute to live
(a) an elderly man you don't know, or (b) that cranky old bastard next door
(a) your collie, or (b) a village of head-hunting pygmy children

ENOUGH!

Georgia Avenue
08-30-2005, 05:11 PM
b
a
a
a
a
mercifully, a

malorum
08-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Possible.

hmkpoker
08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Well said! You get a prize ^_^

spaminator101
08-30-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the proud tradition of David's moral/ethical challenges, I have presented a series of "two door" problems; that is, you may save only the person or persons behind one of the doors, else they both die. Feel free to answer, comment or flame.

(A) An acquaintance you once met at a party, or (B) two random people?

<font color="red">for me its B </font>

(A) A random person of your race, or (B) a random person of a different race?

<font color="red"> either it doesn't really matter <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> </font>

(A) Your child, or (B) the population of a non-descript third-world population that means little to the global economy?

<font color="red"> A</font>

(A) The bully who made fun of you back in gradeschool, and is now happily married with kids, or (B) your goldfish?

<font color="red"> A </font>

(A) Your mother, or (B) an important, wealthy businessperson/philanthropist who happily employs thousands and donates millions to charity?

<font color="red"> A </font>

(A) Yourself or (B) the brains behind stopping the third reich? (in this instance, a time-traveling event would take place and enable Hitler to win the war)

<font color="black"> B </font>

[/ QUOTE ]