PDA

View Full Version : feeback on hand

08-30-2005, 11:18 AM
.25/.50 nl holdem 10 handed....hero with 55 dollars behind him.

Hero dealt 6s 6c

UTG folds, Hero raises 1 dollar, utg+3 calls, fold, call, fold, sb calls, bb calls.

FLOP: 5s 6d 10c

BB checks, HERO bets 3, 4 folds, BB calls

Turn: Jd

BB checks, Hero checks

River: 3s

BB bets 10, Hero calls

Any feedback if i played this weak or anything i could have done differently.....any feedback is good feedback here.

kongo_totte
08-30-2005, 11:23 AM
My standard play is limping this hand. If I choose to raise, I'd raise properly and probably from a better position.

Bet pot on flop.

Bet the turn (that is your most serious error in this hand)

I probably raise the river, but you have given BB an excellent opportunity to suck out to a straight.

djoyce003
08-30-2005, 11:25 AM
bet the turn and he probably doesn't lead the river, then bet the river assuming he checks...what are you afraid of on the turn?

08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
That's what i thought, and hence the flat call on the river. I realized i probably made the mistake by giving the free card on the turn and there was the possibility that he caught straight. So u think a strong bet on the turn is where i went wrong in this hand?

08-30-2005, 11:35 AM
I believe at the time i wasn't playing my best. My thought process in the hand was if i bet he knows i'm strong and folds...and i wanted him to stay in the hand. Then the river card hit, and i realized i messed up and gave him a chance to possibly hit his hand and i didn't think i could raise him on the river.

Tuben
08-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Why did you check to turn ??
Bet the turn he might have 2 pair overpair or striaght draw.
You might be beat. But BET THE TURN.

And like here call the river ? Nja i would raise.

cianosheehan
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
I would be trying to get as much in the middle with this one tbh. reraise the river for as much as you think he will call.

Turn check is fine, although if he has something you want him to pay. Im not a fan of inconsistent betting really, unless villain is the kind of player to do big bluffs.

And preflop, dont bother raising with low pocket pairs.

djoyce003
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
You don't flop sets very often. The whole point of playing no limit is to get paid off big with your big hands....you aren't trying to do that here. Whenever you make a big hand play it agressively and try to double up. You have to bet that turn....if he folds oh well, he probably had nothing anyway and wasn't goin to pay you off any more anyway.

TheWorstPlayer
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't like the preflop raise full ring. But once you flop your set you MUST bet the heck out of it. The main reason to raise preflop is to build a pot for when you hit your set. Bet full pot on flop and full pot on turn. And value bet the river.