PDA

View Full Version : suckiest suck that ever did suck

oddjob
04-14-2003, 11:31 AM
i've tried everything!

i've tried playing weak/tight!

i've tried playing loose/aggressive!

i've tried playing like a calling station!

i've tried playing like a maniac!

i've even tried straddling!

nothing seems to work! i just keep having losing session after losing session.

ok, so i haven't tried to play these ways, but i feel i'm playing the way i should be playing, for the most part, and this past few weeks, i've been getting killed at the tables.

i guess i gotta suck it up and just wait for the horror show to end.

Homer
04-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Just stay patient and keep playing solid poker. If your game has been affected by big losses, take some time off. Last week I had a 110 BB downswing and decided to take a few days off. I reached a point where I couldn't handle the losses any more and started to play scared, despite my best efforts to keep playing solid poker. I've come back refreshed and am playing good poker again.

-- Homer

TimTimSalabim
04-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Yes, it does end eventually. And then you get on a roll when you can do nothing but win, which is even more dangerous! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Your Mom
04-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I thought I was the only one who was sucking ass lately. Can't win a hand for anything lately. I decided to switch sites for a bit. Took the bankroll (what was left) and transferred from Empire over to true poker. Good luck.

Fitz
04-14-2003, 05:18 PM
My recent downswing encompassed approximately 100 hours of online play, and the loss of about 300 bb's. My advice would be to take some time away from the game. Go back over your reference material and hand histories. It is times like this when the little leaks that we usually ignore become giant money hemmorages. Hang in there, and keep playing solid poker; things will eventually turn around. I'm currently running much better. I've gotten back 150 bb's in the last 36 hours of play.