PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu Again :o) (low content bleating)

naphand
08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Are there clues to how our session will progress in the first few hands we play? Are we given indicators of when to quit? I would like to think so.

Sometimes it just seems that when you flop a set with JJ from your first SB, everyone folds to you and the BB folds the Jxx flop it's like you are destined to make jack-squat for the session. On this day everything was going fine until these two hands came up, and then suddenly everyone is taking turns to bitch slap me off the felt...

Across the table is a monumentally bad player (Tubifex Worm) who attaches himself firmly to rotten cards. He is losing quite rapidly and I am waiting for my turn to take his chips.

Note the timeline, less than 20 minutes apart, same PF 3-bet, same River card...hmmm...now check the pockets. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TIMELINE: 04:01:49.7 (CST)

$5/$10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB <font color="#A500AF">(Tubifex Worm)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Naphand calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Tubifex Worm bets</font>, Naphand calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Tubifex Worm bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, Tubifex Worm calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Tubifex Worm has 9d 8h (straight, queen high).
Naphand has Jh Ah (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Tubifex Worm wins 10.50 BB. </font>

TIMELINE: 04:18:51.7 (CST)

$5/$10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Tubifex Worm)</font> calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Tubifex Worm)</font> 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand caps</font>, BB folds, UTG <font color="#A500AF">(Tubifex Worm)</font> calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Tubifex Worm checks, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, Tubifex Worm calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Tubifex Worm checks, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand bets</font>, Tubifex Worm calls.

River: (8.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Tubifex Worm has 9d 8c (straight, jack high).
Naphand has Ah Kd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Tubifex Worm wins 10.70 BB. </font>

I left half-an-hour later after losing 2 buy-ins, Tubifex's stack was exactly equal to the value of these two pots. I have to go cry in my cup of tea now... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MoP_86
08-30-2005, 06:38 AM
both well played hands. Keep on truckin'

thejameser
08-30-2005, 08:28 AM
wow, a double bad-beat post. i should tell you about my live NL day yesterday. it would make you feel ALOT better.

naphand
08-30-2005, 08:45 AM
I doubt it, this little double-take was just the start of much worse, hence the little opening preamble. I only posted due to the amusing coincidence. I guess 98o was his favourite hand or something (it certainly is now).

Playing bad players is obviously hugely profitable, and after four days of this "bollocks" and -100 BB I am not even slightly in doubt I can beat the games. Repeat after me: I must not be results oriented, I must not be results oriented...

People often talk of suddenly "turning a corner" after running bad (David Ross makes this point in some of original SH posts). Suddenly a hand holds up, you make a flush and you get the distinct feeling that things are going to get better. I just wonder if it is just psychological pattern-forming (where none really exists) or if such "signposts" really do exist in some form or another. Doesn't make any sense to me, but it is something I have both experienced and heard about from others.

SippinSoma
08-30-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we given indicators of when to quit? I would like to think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Do you want the mustache on or off?"
"Off please."
"...Too bad."

08-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I feel your pain and I have often thought as you do. Sometimes you can tell int he first 5 hands if you just logg off and come back the next day.

Buffro
patexashold-em.com

08-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I dont really believe in strange signs from the pokergods that the river is flowing in the wrong direction, but I definately get the same feeling some times.

One way of dealing with it I sometime find usefull is to stop playing for a short while after a series of losses, and replay the bad beat hands in pokertracker to be absolutely certains that I am not to blame for my losses. (Obviously, sometimes I find I am to blame . . . )

After realizing it was strike of bad beats, I use your "dont be result-oriented"- mantra and return to the tables.

thejameser
08-30-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt it, this little double-take was just the start of much worse, hence the little opening preamble. I only posted due to the amusing coincidence. I guess 98o was his favourite hand or something (it certainly is now).

Playing bad players is obviously hugely profitable, and after four days of this "bollocks" and -100 BB I am not even slightly in doubt I can beat the games. Repeat after me: I must not be results oriented, I must not be results oriented...

People often talk of suddenly "turning a corner" after running bad (David Ross makes this point in some of original SH posts). Suddenly a hand holds up, you make a flush and you get the distinct feeling that things are going to get better. I just wonder if it is just psychological pattern-forming (where none really exists) or if such "signposts" really do exist in some form or another. Doesn't make any sense to me, but it is something I have both experienced and heard about from others.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lost an amount over 100 BB at 5/10 on one hand against a gutshot straight that hit on the river to beat my set($1060 to be exact). then i have about $900 left and i flop top two pair in the sb and push. same luckbox hits his flush on the river. that is a bad day in two hands, about 30 minutes apart. i love limit.

soweak.
08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Would you put your brain in a robot body?