PDA

View Full Version : Using PAHUD, How to adjust play when stats are available

tlow03
08-30-2005, 05:33 AM
So I've been using PAHUD during my SNG's and its spotty at best; however, often times I find myself at a table with at least one "known" player or someone I have stats for such as VPIP, pfr, and some other stats. My question is, how should I adjust my play against these known players. Obviously I know when i see a guy who has a vpip of 8 i probably shouldnt be raising him and whatnot.

But other than the extremes I'm not sure how i should be using this info.

any feedback, suggestions, or whatever is greatly appreciated

tlow

08-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Push from late position when the first limpers are loose players?

HesseJam
08-30-2005, 08:27 AM
I am using PAHUD also but only to assist me to memorize the playing styles of opponents during the ongoing tourney. When I notice that somebody is nibbling a lot (limping, miniraising) during the first rounds I can relate this to his VPIP stat at a later round I remember that he was the nibbler of the earlier rounds.

Overall, I think PAHUD doesnt help much.

Winwood
08-30-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I know when i see a guy who has a vpip of 8 i probably shouldnt be raising him and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure go ahead and raise him, just fold to a reraise.

If I'm at a table with a player I "know" I'll check him out in Pokertracker and see what kind of hands he's shown down. If he's shown A7o round 1 not out of the blinds....then goodie /images/graemlins/smile.gif

schwza
08-30-2005, 10:34 AM
a couple of things i use it for (i use playerview, but same thing)

- if the BB has a pfr of 0, i'll open-complete any 2.
- if a limper is 50/12 vpip/pfr, then i'm much happier stealing his limp than if he's 50/0.
- if a guy has numbers like 16/15, i feel pretty good about stealing his blinds cause he looks like he just open-steals.
- make a note on someone if they were sitting out cause it makes their numbers look really tight.

45suited
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
what would you guys do if you ever just had to play poker and trust your own reads?

just curious...

downtown
08-30-2005, 11:18 AM
I just use it to identify multitablers. Right now I play the 33s, and I just started 8-tabling, so I dropped doen to the 22s to get a feel for it. There are many multi-tablers. I note good players, but just because you are multi-tabling doesn't make you good (I should know!). Anyway, I note who plays a lot, then review them more closely to see if I should watch out for them in the future. It also helps notice who plays every flop early, and who folds every BB later, but I agree with those who say we should be noticing these things anyway sans HUD, and typically I do.

[ QUOTE ]
what would you guys do if you ever just had to play poker and trust your own reads?

just curious...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 8-table.