PDA

View Full Version : Another WTOIHP review

Lawrence Ng
08-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Yes, another Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker review.

First off, this is indeed a great book. The way Yao breaks down his many examples of various hands that are used throughout this book is reason enough to buy it alone. Then of course there is the short handed chapters which have excellent insight into games that go all way down to HU play.

It is perhaps the most technical limit poker book I have ever read, and often times I found that it was a great read to put me to sleep late at nights..heh. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I usually approach most poker books with a start to finish reading framework, but with Yao's I found it difficult to do so. I had to often jump around to different chapters to do so. This is perhaps the only nitpicking I have. The book doesn't flow together very well.

Most 2+2'ers have probably read at least HPFAP and SSHE and I think WTOIHP really adds onto what has already been built up by Sklansky and Miller.

I think WTOIHP is an excellent reference book for all limit players. Even if you aren't going to read the whole book through once, just scanning certain chapters and examples when you need some help makes this book a must have.

Sorry for the short review, but there really isn't much fresh material for me to iterate here that already hasn't been done so by other posters.

Lawrence

SamIAm
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
You're actually the FIRST person to review WtOiH here. That's probably because book-reviews go here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=books).
-Sam