PDA

View Full Version : AJs on paired board against multiple donkbets

w_alloy
08-30-2005, 02:31 AM
1st hand at the table, no hands on anyone.

Folded to button who limps, SB completes, I raise in the BB with AJs.

Flop comes K66r, SB leads, I raise, fold, call.

Turn is an 8. Sb leads. I...?

Comments on all streets appreciated.

TheMetetron
08-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Fold the turn.

New001
08-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Why raise that flop? I don't see any draws he could be betting.

w_alloy
08-30-2005, 02:57 AM
I didnt want to fold; a lot of 5/10ers seem to like to donk pfrs on boards like this. I think I'm ahead a good amount of the time. I wanted to fold button who likely has 6 outs, and maybe even fold the donker.

I'm very very open to reasons why I'm wrong.

ThePimpulator
08-30-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt want to fold; a lot of 5/10ers seem to like to donk pfrs on boards like this. I think I'm ahead a good amount of the time. I wanted to fold button who likely has 6 outs, and maybe even fold the donker.

I'm very very open to reasons why I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's how you see it why not raise the turn, and take free showdown if he doesn't drop. Or simply call his bluffs down.

Edit: Without a read I think you should fold the turn. He could be a prick, but you don't have a read! Its not worth two more BB for this pot just to find out he has K9. Just keep an eye on him for a while.

w_alloy
08-30-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If that's how you see it why not raise the turn and take free showdown if he doesn't drop, or simply call his bluffs down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am ahead, free cards are a huge danger. These guys could have any two, so every card is a scare card. If I'm up against just SB on the flop I like your line better.

I'm very new to 5/10, just moved up from 3/6, and im trying to get used to the increased aggresion. Am i over compensating?

I agree with you on the turn btw.

Derek in NYC
08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
I would fold the turn for sure, and depending on the read on the SB, I might also fold the flop.

w_alloy
08-30-2005, 03:32 AM
"depending on the read on the SB, I might also fold the flop."

I know hands without reads suck, but that was kinda the point of posting this hand. What should be standard?

Jinx
08-30-2005, 04:01 AM
Without a read, you gotta assume SB has at least a pair. The best case scenario is that it's a low pocket pair and you're drawing to 6 outs. If he has a king, he has you drawing to 3 outs. I guess every now and then you'll find someone betting A5o or whatever here, but I think usually you're behind and drawing to not too many outs. Fold it.

Of course, if he keeps doing this, you can show down some A high hands to show you won't be pushed around.