PDA

View Full Version : 2-5 live NL How bad is this? or is it standard?

kurosh
08-30-2005, 02:07 AM
2-5 Live NL full table. I have 300. SB has 300. UTG has us both covered.

UTG does not know what position is. He raises any suited ace, any pocket pair and big cards. Postflop he plays very straightforwardly. He bets when he has a hand and checks when he doesn't. He overvalues hands and will call down pot sized bets to the river as long as they're not too big, hoping to hit something. He can throw hands away to large bets if he thinks he's beat.

SB is a mega-lag. He will call with nearly any two PF, especially if they're suited. He has no concept of pot odds, but realizes it's incorrect to call with only a flush draw if it's a big bet and will sometimes fold. I have won many pots from him when I've high carded him after he has missed his draw. He likes to bluff a lot too.

UTG raises to 20. I'm in the BB with QJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB calls. I call.

Flop is T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (60)

SB checks. I bet 30. UTG raises to 60. SB calls. I call.

UTG's raise means a T or a better pair. SB's call means any sort of draw or pair, but not better than that.

Turn is K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (240)

SB checks. I move in for 220.

RikaKazak
08-30-2005, 02:14 AM
Umm.....you have lots of outs, but I would expect to get called quit frequently from UTG, ummmm, average play I would say, but I check turn. do you think UTG would of JT here? some players would still call, I'm not sure, you said he folds to big bets so maybe, but I think the pot is kind of big and he's an overvauling fish, I really don't see him folding AT here, thinking, I have TPTK on flop, I bet he has QT, is what UTG will think.

xorbie
08-30-2005, 02:23 AM
I like it a lot if you think that UTG calling will induce SB to call. Not much you can do anyway though, with just a PSB left and around 33% equity.

foldem
08-30-2005, 02:48 AM
This is a very good bet if you have any fold equity on UTG and the SB will fold the nut flush draw.

Lucky
08-30-2005, 03:37 AM
The bet is alright. If two call great, if only one calls you still have most likely 15 outs, so you're good there. That being said, I probably check as you dont have a ton of fold equity.

I see you getting one caller, ie 2 to 1 for your money, and hitting one third of the time against a donk. Better for him than you.