PDA

View Full Version : Just 1 hand.

ZManODS
04-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Online 1/2 game at Empire. Im in the small blind and pick up A/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifJ/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. UTG+2 open raises and UTG+3 call and myself call. 3 to see the flop. Was this a good call, possible re-raise?

Flop: 4/forums/images/icons/heart.gifA/forums/images/icons/spade.gifT/forums/images/icons/club.gif
I check, UTG+2, bets we both call

Turn: (4/forums/images/icons/heart.gifA/forums/images/icons/spade.gifT/forums/images/icons/club.gif)2/forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Again i check, UTG+2 bets and we both call.

River (4/forums/images/icons/heart.gifA/forums/images/icons/spade.gifT/forums/images/icons/club.gif2/forums/images/icons/spade.gif)5/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
I check, UTG+2 bets, UTG+3 raises i fold.
Results to come.

Please comment on my horrible play on all streets. I didnt feel right through out the whole hand. I should have thrown in a raise earlier to see where i stood. Anyway, flame away.

ZManODS
04-14-2003, 09:34 AM
UTG+2 had A/forums/images/icons/spade.gifJ/forums/images/icons/club.gif for top pair decent kicker.

UTG+3 had 3/forums/images/icons/diamond.gifT/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif for a runner-runner straight!!! Who the hell calls 2 cold preflop with this trash, then continues with such a long-shot.

Homer
04-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Preflop: I think the call is fine (wouldn't be if it was offsuit, though). No way would I reraise. I would only reraise if the open-raise was from a later position.

Flop: I would bet out. If UTG+2 only calls, you are likely ahead. If he raises, you have a decision to make. If he wouldn't raise with KK/QQ/JJ here, you should lay it down, because you can't beat anything that he would open-raise from UTG+2 with and raise this flop with. If he is tricky, then you should consider check-calling the rest of the way.

Turn: Given the way you played the flop, I think check-calling again is alright. I'm not sure what I would do to tell you the truth, because you put yourself in a confusing situation by check-calling the flop.

River: I would bet out and fold to a raise. You'd hate to see what might be the best hand get checked through (due to your opponent(s) irrationally fearing the straight). If you are raised, you know you are beaten, due to the presence of the possible straight on board. I like betting and folding to a raise much better than check-calling.

Other comments: Your play would have been perfectly acceptable had the hand been heads-up all the way. The presence of the third player makes it necessary for you to do more than just check-call, though.

-- Homer

ZManODS
04-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks for advice and but i dont know if i should accept any advice from you, I saw you kiss a guy last night! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Homer
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Actually, he kissed me, so you can still listen to my advice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-- Homer

Bob T.
04-14-2003, 12:22 PM
I might play too tight in these situations, but preflop, you have a small pot, an early position preflop raiser, A hand that is easily dominated, and really doesn't have that much high card value, you are giving up position to the raiser, and you have to put in one and a half small bets to see the flop.

I think that I would have folded preflop, I wouldn't have liked throwing away a fairly nice hand, but unless I know that the raiser has loose raising standards, I think that the possibility for expensive trouble is too high with this hand, so I would toss it. For a second, pretend that you had open limped UTG with this hand, and now an opponent behind you raised, how would you like your chances now? I would call another bet preflop, but I would be very wary the rest of the hand. I would also call in the big blind, but I think you can save money by laying it down in the small blind.

After the flop, you just need to put in a bet somewhere, because there was a lot of action on the river, I suspect that your hand wouldn't have won, but if you get a lot of action earlier in the hand, maybe you could save money and get away from this hand sooner.

Notice, that after the flop, you are playing the whole hand in a defensive mode, trying to save money. This is when you got a moderately good flop, wouldn't it just be easier to save the money preflop?