PDA

View Full Version : KK facing a stop & go

VarlosZ
08-30-2005, 01:23 AM
PartyPoker $2-$4 NL, 10-handed. Villain in UTG with $380, I have him covered. He's been playing pretty conservatively; in an hour at the table, I haven't seen an early position raise from him yet. In a previous hand, I pushed him off a big pot when the turn put a flush on the board, and we'd been talking about it since -- I claimed not to have had the flush.

I've got K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG+1. UTG raises to $12. I call, everyone else folds.

Flop (pot=$27): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG leads for $20, I raise to $60. UTG calls.

Turn (pot=$147): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets $100, leaving him with about $205 in his stack. I . . . ?

Neurotoxin
08-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Why on earth would you just call a 3x raise in that position? I mean you lucked out in that no one else called, but now you have no idea what you're up against, and he has no idea what he's up against. You fired your guns and now hes shooting back, I'd just fold it.

DeadMoneyOC
08-30-2005, 01:34 AM
All-in. He could have AA or 99 but he could also have QQ, JJ, TT, AKs, maybe getting retarded with 88 or 77 if you have been pushing him around. He might even have air. I think you are ahead enough here to get all-in. Its a little tough to tell though because you didnt take control of the hand preflop. If you pushed him off a hand eariler I would push here and expect to be called by hands worse than KK enough to make this profitable.

DeadMoneyOC
08-30-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you just call a 3x raise in that position? I mean you lucked out in that no one else called, but now you have no idea what you're up against, and he has no idea what he's up against. You fired your guns and now hes shooting back, I'd just fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his history with the Villian...this is exactly the situation he was looking for. I think that if it wasnt HU he would obviously preceed with caution.

xorbie
08-30-2005, 01:50 AM
His stop and go looks exactly like him thinking you have a draw. He'll probably call with TT+ if you push, so I'd go ahead and do that. If he's the type to fold, I might just call, and let him try to catch me bluffing my "missed draw" on the river (although this way you do lose tons of equity if a /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits on the river.

Jason Strasser
08-30-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you just call a 3x raise in that position? I mean you lucked out in that no one else called,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why he just called preflop.

RikaKazak
08-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I would reraise pf, but....as the way the hand was played, push turn.

VarlosZ
08-30-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you just call a 3x raise in that position?

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd been anything but loose up to that point. If I reraise, I don't think he can play the hand wrong. He'll stick around w/ AA and KK, and everything else he'll either fold or play solely for a set, depending on how big my reraise is.

VarlosZ
08-30-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All-in. He could have AA or 99 but he could also have QQ, JJ, TT, AKs, maybe getting retarded with 88 or 77 if you have been pushing him around. He might even have air. I think you are ahead enough here to get all-in. Its a little tough to tell though because you didnt take control of the hand preflop. If you pushed him off a hand eariler I would push here and expect to be called by hands worse than KK enough to make this profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was pretty much my thinking, except I felt I'd seen enough from him that I could rule out a set. I put him on AsKs or AA-QQ, with AA being most likely. Nearly folded, but I decided that with the previous hand and the two spades on the board, I'd get paid off if it was QQ.

I pushed, he called with Aces. River was no help.

creedofhubris
08-30-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was pretty much my thinking, except I felt I'd seen enough from him that I could rule out a set. I put him on AsKs or AA-QQ, with AA being most likely. Nearly folded, but I decided that with the previous hand and the two spades on the board, I'd get paid off if it was QQ.

I pushed, he called with Aces. River was no help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you both played well.