PDA

View Full Version : HU KK in BB and an A flops

08-30-2005, 12:57 AM
so, my question is how should i have played this on the flop . i was really uncertain of what to do after he raised me.

also, assuming i hadn't caught the turn K, what would you guys have done on the turn and river.

this guy had just sat down at the table. the only thing i had seen him do was post from the late position and then fold it to a raise.

Las Vegas ($2/$4 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 30/Aug/05 00:12:02

utg2 raises to $4,everyone folds to me, i re-raise to
$6. utg2 re-raises to $8. i call

Flop (board: Ac 8s 2d):

i bet $2. he raises to $4. i call
call.

Turn (board: Ac 8s 2d Kc):

i check, he bets $4. i check-raise
to $8. he calls.

River (board: Ac 8s 2d Kc 9s):

i bet $4. he raises to $8. i
re-raise to $12. he re-raises to $16. i call.

Showdown:

he shows 9h 9c.

i show Kd Kh.

JacksonTens
08-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Preflop: Your heads up with KK.. raise him again, he'll most likely think your stealing.

Flop: Raise, if your giving him credit for an A already your playing too passive.

Turn: bet/3bet c/r is silly as this guy would have most likely raised you on the turn.

River: Raise again. You have trips HU what are you worried about? There is no straight and no flush. And your opponent doesn't have AA...

Far too passive.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

ghostface
08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
When he raises the flop bet I call down. After spiking the K I would have to say that bet/3-bet is the best play. Get as much money is as possible form that point on.

speirs
08-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Cap preflop, 3bet on the flop, lead the turn, reraise the river. As stated above: A bit too passive.

08-30-2005, 02:23 AM
so, if i had 3 bet the flop and then had him cap it and if i never caught the 3rd king, would i then just call down on the turn and the river.

shant
08-30-2005, 02:23 AM
I think bet/3-betting this flop makes no sense.

gaming_mouse
08-30-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think bet/3-betting this flop makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. it is a very bad mistake IMO.

when hero does not improve, the proper line here against an unknown is check/call, check/call, bet/fold to a raise. so c/call the flop is the move here.

newhizzle
08-30-2005, 02:41 AM
after he raises the flop i call down, why 3-bet and stop him from bluffing the rest of the way

cracker9521
08-30-2005, 03:50 AM
Is it a five bet cap on UB? I ask since a couple people say reraise preflop and its at 4sb. On the flop I don't see a reason to threebet against an unknown ep raiser who had no problem making it 4 bets preflop. If he calls whats the plan if we lead and get raised on the turn (assuming we dont spike our set) or if its capped on the flop whats the plan? Against a complete unknown this really looks like AK,AA,KK,QQ and maybe AQ JJ TT. If i'm ahead I want him to keep firing but I also want to get to showdown here. I guess i'm weaktight but i like the way this hand is played with maybe a turn donk/3bet sometimes.