PDA

View Full Version : Optical mouse won't work on laptop?

Hoopster81
08-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I recently purchased the Logitech MX1000 and tried to swap my desktop's old optical mouse to my laptop. The mouse does not seem to work on the laptop. Should it -- or do I need a special laptop mouse?

Thanks

08-30-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes it should work, is it corded or cordless? USB or PS/2 and did it come with a drivers CD.

Hoopster81
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes it should work, is it corded or cordless? USB or PS/2 and did it come with a drivers CD.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is cordless and USB. It did come with a CD, but when I used it on my desktop, it worked immediately (plug and play).

Also, I have never used a mouse with the laptop, only the touchpad.

Thanks

08-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Given the fact that it is USB, I suppose it has a base?

Which OS is on the laptop, it could affect the plug and play ability (mostly for USB). If it's Win9x there's a decent chance it will require the CD to install the appropriate drivers for the mouse's base to be detected.

I suppose you have tested the mouse on another computer and it's still in working condition?

Hoopster81
08-30-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the fact that it is USB, I suppose it has a base?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

[ QUOTE ]
Which OS is on the laptop, it could affect the plug and play ability (mostly for USB).

[/ QUOTE ]

WinXP, just like the desktop.

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose you have tested the mouse on another computer and it's still in working condition?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was just using it on my desktop up until yesterday.

I have not tried to use the CD yet, I will try that. Also, since it is a laptop, do I need to disable the touchpad or anything like that before it will work?

Thanks

edit: Got it working. Thanks for your help, bud.

08-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Glad to see you got it to work, if you don't mind me asking...what was the problem?

Wake up CALL
08-30-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see you got it to work, if you don't mind me asking...what was the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was moving the wrong mouse around on his desk. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

08-30-2005, 04:40 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif nh

Freakin
08-31-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was moving the wrong mouse around on his desk. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FOrgot to plug in the base.

Freakin