PDA

View Full Version : I cant decide if I played this right

bigredlemon
08-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($22.45)
SB ($19.10)
BB ($16.30)
UTG ($39.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.10) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB raises all-in, Hero calls $8.30.

River: ($21.40) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $21.40

Villain is a little on the LAG side but often unpredictable. Probably a winning player.

08-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't think you were nearly aggressive enough on the flop. You led for just a bit less than half the pot, which may be ok, but when he raised, IMO you go ahead and reraise him here. If his raise was a bluff, fine you win about 18bb, otherwise you are getting your money in with the best hand. I guess you have to consider villain having 88 here, so maybe if he comes back over the top or pushes here I just call or fold to a push. I dunno. But I think reraising him tells you how likely 88 is.

As played, he told you on the flop that he had a hand. So why the small (30% of the pot) bet? You thinking he has 88? I make it either 2/3 or the pot here, which basically puts you all in, right? So maybe I push this turn.

Not saying my play here is right, but this is how I would have played it. (Did I just donate my whole stack to eights full of tens?)

imported_anacardo
08-30-2005, 01:00 AM
You can't possibly think that going to the felt with open trips, ace kicker is in any way wrong at this stack depth. C'mon, Rock of Ages. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, OP should probably have 3/4 to pot-bet the flop and pushed to the reraise. YHISG.

LethalRose
08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
yea this is a bad beat post.

xcrack999
08-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Against a short-stack LAG, I'm never ever folding here. You played it perfect if you have a read on villain that he loves moving people off pots when he sees weakness. Otherwise, I would pot the flop because if he has a hand worth calling a $1.00 bet, he'll call a $2.10 bet.

Go_Blue88
08-30-2005, 03:50 AM
i'm really not a fan of your 3 dollar turn bet.

Go_Blue88
08-30-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe he genuinely wanted advice?

bigredlemon
08-30-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He didn't have a flush if that's what you're wondering.

Villain has shown willingness to make meatly raises and then fold to a reraise on the flop. My original plan was flat call his flop bet, and put him all in when he bet the turn. I definetly wasn't folding and wanted to get as much $ into the middle as possible. Since villain was unpredictable, I think he could have raised with a wide variety of hands. If I make large bet on the turn after calling his raise, I think he'd throw away a lot of his low-middle pairs, and maybe even some of his big pairs.

What should have I down with the turn? I was jugling between checking to get him to bet again on the river where I can raise, betting a small amount to guarentee a call, or betting a big amount that would force him all in by the river.

jacknine
08-30-2005, 05:40 AM
I would pot in on the flop, but maybe that would chase villain out of the pot.
After you call his raise, IŽd expect Villain to bet out on the turn but he just checks again... Looks to me like weakness - IŽd push here...

edit: coming to think of it ... Say, youŽre sure villain doesnŽt have those eights or jacks here. WouldnŽt it be a good play to check after him on the flop, because judging from his style, he would probably go for a big bet on the river to try and steal it? Or do you reckon there there would be too many scare card that could come on the river, forcing you to lay down to push ?