PDA

View Full Version : strange kk hand party 100nl

08-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I have been playing at this table for a couple orbits, but have been multitableing so I haven't really been paying too too much attention. Villain seems to be fairly agro but not totally out of line. He has~ 400 and I have my starting stack of 100. anyhoo I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in mid position and raise to 4 after 1 limper. (converter is not working for me so ill try to make this as pretty as possible)

Preflop: Utg calls , Hero raise to 4, bunch of folds, villain in big blind raises to 7, Utg folds, hero calls 3.

Firstly what do you guys think of just flat calling this? secondly what hand ranges do people do this min reraise with preflop. I looked like he just wanted to get the limper out and take it heads up. Anyhow i' ll continue

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain bets 15, hero raises 35, villain calls 20

Turn : Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets all in ( I have 55 left), hero????

This hand had me stumped whats my action?

stu-unger
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
hmmmm... i definitly like the call pre-flop. u have position, in a HU pot, and a pretty well hidden hand. as for his hand range, i see 99-AA using these stupid min raises pre-flop. i like the flop raise. on the turn u r getting like 130-55 on your call so i vote call.

TheWorstPlayer
08-30-2005, 12:37 AM
These games are so loose that I re-raise preflop every single time in this position. The whole theory behind not re-raising is that it allows people to lay down hands like QQ/JJ. I'm a monkey's uncle if he lays down QQ/JJ here.

xorbie
08-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Dunno what the point is of the flop raise, but I'm folding this turn real quick like.

08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
in revision im definately speculative about the flop raise but im not so sure of another line? any ideas?? just call down? Im at a real loss here thanks in advance.

08-30-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing at this table for a couple orbits, but have been multitableing so I haven't really been paying too too much attention. Villain seems to be fairly agro but not totally out of line. He has~ 400 and I have my starting stack of 100. anyhoo I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in mid position and raise to 4 after 1 limper. (converter is not working for me so ill try to make this as pretty as possible) if Party Poker, remove the word "Texas" from the top of the HH.

Preflop: Utg calls , Hero raise to 4, bunch of folds, villain in big blind raises to 7, Utg folds, hero calls 3.

Firstly what do you guys think of just flat calling this? secondly what hand ranges do people do this min reraise with preflop. I looked like he just wanted to get the limper out and take it heads up. Anyhow i' ll continue

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain bets 15, hero raises 35, villain calls 20

Turn : Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets all in ( I have 55 left), hero????

This hand had me stumped whats my action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: I would reraise, but I understand the deception you gained in just calling. But more on that deception later.

I agree with the poster who says that his hand range for the reraise is AA down to 99, but I would also add AK and AQ for somebody who is not totally out of line.

I am unsure what to make of his pot-sized bet on the flop. On the one hand, it is oversized for what I would do with a made hand. On the other, he called your raise, so that looks an awful lot like he has a pocket pair, rather than AK or AQ, which would usually be completely out of line to call your raise.

When he pushes the queen on the turn, you have a pretty tough decision. I mean, is it credible that he has AQ? Not very, but I don't think you can be sure. Why can't you be sure? Because you may have deceived him preflop. Put yourself in his shoes back before the flop. How do you read your flat call? You read it as most likely a medium pocket pair, or AK or AQ or something like that. he basically rules out AA or KK as your holdings because you didn't raise him. So now the flop comes, he has AQ, he has you on AK or JJ, and he pots it, and you raise. He is thinking, this guy either has air (AK), or I have two overs to his jacks (or nines or whatever). So he calls the raise and prays. This is not a farfetched scenario at all for somebody with four buy-ins, who is maybe looking to take down his fifth if he catches his miracle card on the turn.

I don't think you can rule out this scenario because you didn't 3 bet preflop. His response to your 3 bet tells you alot--he folds, he had a drawing hand, JJ something mediocre. He raises you all in (most likely) you are up against aces a lot, he calls with Queens, maybe jacks. But then you just push this flop.

So you are in against AA, QQ or AQ, most likely, maybe a very ballsy AK that has you on JJ and is bluffing a set of queens, but you can't be sure which. Given the pot odds, I think it is a close decision, but I fold and vow to 3 bet the flop next time. Save yourself the headache of this decision.