PDA

View Full Version : Paying attention to the game

bdmcgraw
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Does anyone find themselves not paying any attention to the games they are playing? I never think abuot players unless they stand out like crazy, which makes hand reading and value betting much more difficult. It's too easy to browse forums, listen to music, surf the web, instead of watching hands. I am tired of playing ABC poker, help me.

sorry for the lack of content, im really trying to make myself pay more attention

noir
08-30-2005, 01:07 AM
After reading some of your old posts, it appears as if this has been a problem for quite some time.

Do you want someone to kick you or something?

Okay then...

You need to decide if you like this game or not. Certainly in this day, you can win if you don't and just sit around playing ABC poker for a modest winrate. From the way you put things, right now it seems as if poker is just another thing filling your time - just like the message boards, tv, music, surfing, etc.

I think that the great players really, really LOVE the game. Everything about it. That's why they're successful. Every intricacy is fascinating. Every decision has meaning.

If you want to get better, commit. Have you read SSH, HEFAP, HOH? How and when are you applying what you've read?

Well, enough pep talk. I think that the more you get into the game, the more these other things will fall by the wayside.

Finally, one last thing to ponder: When you're playing, and you think of shania, what do you see?

Grisgra
08-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Start playing 20/40. Trust me, they all stand out like crazy.

Seriously, this should NOT be a problem for any good HUSHer. When I found the 5/10 games becoming mind-numbingly dull, I moved up to 10/20. Needless to say, I found myself paying attention immediately. When I found the 10/20 games easier (though certainly never as dull as 5/10 was) I started taking shots at 20/40. I have a feeling I'll be there for awhile . . .

On the other hand, if you are bored during your games AND you're not crushing them for at least 2BB/100, something is seriously wrong.

Isura
08-30-2005, 02:22 AM
I like your style sir. And I am very much the same way. 3-tabling 6 max gives me a headache and I hate not having solid reads.