PDA

View Full Version : Beware of epassporte!

cardcounter0
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
My account was just frozen due to "suspicious activity".
I had a small balance on the account, it is now locked up and I can't access it.

Telephone support refused to give me any information. Said I had to send an email. What is the point of having telephone support if they won't even answer the most simple of questions.

So WTF? Any one have to deal with these people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got an email:

"Pursuant to ePassporte Risk Management policy, we regret to inform you that we can no longer accept your business. Therefore, your account will be terminated immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I have no idea what "Risk Management Policy" I have violated, but they refuse to return the balance in my account.

"Customer Service" suggested I contact my local police, fill out a police report, and have the police contact them to get my money back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was using epassporte to transfer funds (non poker related) to a business partner in Europe.

The rates for transfering money to his account, and the partner being able to withdrawl from an ATM, was cheaper then sending him the money via Western Union.

Now I guess it is back to Western Union. Nothing illegal, legitimate business transactions, transfering funds.

I guess the transfer funds "feature" on their cards is one they have but shouldn't be used.

I just got off the phone with customer non-support, and still have no idea what part of "risk policy" I would have violated, and, of course, no return of the balance in my account placed there by myself.