PDA

View Full Version : scientific mystery

01-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Let me start this by saying I keep a "clean" house. While I wouldn't advise eating off the kitchen floor, you can certain walk barefoot on it and not get stuck. It is bug/rodent free, and is usually ready for unexpected company.

Last night I left a peach out on the kitchen counter. When I got up this morning there were no less than 30 "fruit flies" all around it. WHERE DO THEY COME FROM? DON'T THEY NEED A MOMMY AND DADDY TO APPEAR? AND HOW DID THEY KNOW ABOUT THE PEACH?

Thanking all you wise minds in advance.

debbie

01-03-2002, 02:55 PM
they were on/in the peach already

01-03-2002, 04:48 PM
...while your house may be clean, how well-shaved are your armpits, legs, and 'hey-nanny-nanny'? if I may be so bold, this could be a mystery solver.

However, if you don't think these may be problem areas, I can tell you that we had a problem with fruit flies. Not sure where they came from, but we got rid of them as soon as we installed a garbage can with the close-shut lid - the kind you step on and the lid comes down snug. We had garbage cans with the slanted swing-type lids, which usually meant our garbage can ended up lidless with dogs, cats, kids, and unshaven adults /images/smile.gif

01-03-2002, 07:54 PM
While this isn't exactly the question of "where do those socks go that the dryer eats", the two problems are related. I'll leave it to others to explain.

Murray

01-03-2002, 08:23 PM
My garbage snaps shut tight. I shave daily. And I have not had a flea/fly whatever in my house for 2 months. Are they just magic?

01-03-2002, 08:51 PM
they were on/in the peach already

nf is correct, this is one reason why we wash fruit before we eat it.

01-03-2002, 09:08 PM
....you got me stumped. Some of the flies are so small they can get through regular screens - might also come in whenever doors open ever so slightly, if you have any plants or trees in the house, they could already be in the soil. Someone already mentioned the fruit itself might be the culprit.

01-03-2002, 10:53 PM
most flies have a short life cycle. so these have been hatched within the last few days most likely. and damp areas of your house can have them nesting. even your bathroom or washing machine drains. its not that you are dirty, its that your house is warm and moist. put a mayonaise jar or some sort with a few small pencil sized holes in the top, on a spot they may go to in the house. in the jar, put a little fruit juice or something like that. they will fill it up by going into the holes then drowning. they arent smart enough to get out. replentish every few days until they are gone.

also put a little liquid soap into your drains and let it sit over night. that will get those in there.

01-04-2002, 06:33 AM
Ray,

Admittedly a dumb question, but so you put water into the jar, too? If so, how much?

John

01-04-2002, 11:04 AM
ray zee,

You have much knowledge of the universe. And Hi/Lo too!!!

dannyboy :o)

01-04-2002, 11:24 AM
have about a total for one to two inches of liquid. this way they go in and fly around and dont find the holes that they came in on. then they hit the water and drown. works great if you have bees around as well. with them put some sugar and a little beer in the jar.

with the flies you may need to make a paper type funnel to get them to concentrate towards the holes, but this system works.

01-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Have you any house plants? Any new ones?

What part of the country do you live in?

Field Trip: Go back to the store of the peach's origin, and carefully examine the peach area. What do you see hovering three inches above the peaches?

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

-Marx

01-04-2002, 01:37 PM
z,

It's not bad enough the poor fruit fly has a short life. You feel the need to kill them early, I thought you loved criters.

SPM,...let them live at your house not mine...

01-05-2002, 05:21 AM
forget about it. ;-)

Man I can even smell a jew going by at ten paces.

01-05-2002, 09:42 AM
a sadness on this site...slamming one person is one thing, blatant ignorant racism..hey that went out in junior high...my day is sad...

01-06-2002, 01:10 AM
scalf,

Whomever wrote this probably reread his or her own post after it had been submitted. Let it stand as a reminder to that individual that our words don't simply disappear into the wind after we've said them; they have consequences. Some day, I hope, the person who wrote this will say, "Who was that asshole who wrote those words. Why, that asshole was me."

It's the only reason I prefer not to see this post censored.

JOhn

01-06-2002, 12:39 PM
Mason permits anti-Semitism. He goes light on Anti-Black, too. You'd think Sklansky would object.

01-06-2002, 01:55 PM
The fight against anti semitism is not the fight of the Jews. It is the fight of the decent gentiles.

Blacks can't fight racism only whites can.

01-06-2002, 07:22 PM
an kiss my fat white ass.

01-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond; I'm especially impressed by your wit.

01-07-2002, 07:36 PM
You are probably right if you say that that some cultures, on average, practice cleanliness more than others. However that fact does not warrant slamming all the people in any group.

By the way, if you think we white folks are the cleanest around, you might be in for a rude surprise. Some Brazilians I have known and worked with have told me it is their custom to take 3 showers every day, and to vacuum the house and light mop the kitchen floor every day, too. From what I saw they practiced this automatically and even thought we Americans were "very pig guys." They also told me their whole village back in Brasil did the same;-)

So next time you think some folks are pigs, just remember there are some people who think WE are pigs.

01-07-2002, 10:36 PM

01-08-2002, 03:30 AM
Not only do you attract other delectable contributors to your posts like flies to shit but you want to keep up the pretensions of non-racist thought. Give it up. You have been outed (and run out of the Blackjack Forum to the relief of all) for being a racist, pure and simple.

Learn, at least, to flaunt it like the other fella.

See you around.

01-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Your posts are ugly and you appear to be a crude bastard.

Maybe you should just change your handle to "White Trash Marcher."

01-08-2002, 01:25 PM
....Cyrus has been posting as white marcher

01-08-2002, 01:53 PM
I saw your post regarding that, but I would find it very hard to believe.

01-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Two of the (many) things the English who colonized North America disliked about the eastern woodlands Indians was their habit of bathing every day, and their preference for drinking water rather than beer.

01-09-2002, 03:10 AM
As they say in governmental or coporate press releases, I do not intend to dignify this with any ..- etc. After all, it is quite easy for the webmaster to check the source of all the posts. I can offer no proof myslef, being somewhat web illiterate.

But I do also notice a pausity of said "WM" posts when Wogga isn't posting. My amateurish sleuth guess would be the someone here, otherwise notable, is having his inner feelings anonymously excreted when aroused by Wogga's racism.

...I personally find Wogga's racism and all-round bigotry quite disturbing, in fact, because he otherwise poses as a sane, jocular, good family man, who likes to bet on sports and have a beer with the fellas, etc. In the Blackjack websites, his ass was history soon as we discovered his true colors...

--Cyrus

01-09-2002, 10:42 AM
.....it flows like water over the Niagara falls.

01-09-2002, 11:27 AM
And acknowledge your racism. And your bigotry. And your intolerance. This would be the first step towards correcting these severe defects of character, if you're so inclined.

You seem to persist on some delusion that you are a perfectly amiable, tolerant, middle-of-the-road citizen who just "likes a good joke". Well, I'm sorry, the record shows otherwise. Yes, I have saved your posts (along with the posts of many notable posters, in bj21.com and elsewhere) which out you better than anything I could have written.

So are you sure you are not putting up that White Marcher trash in the middle of the night ? I'll concede you can't help it, don't even realize it.

You know, during the time when the cold pizza has made its way from the stomach to the asshole but is still torturing your intestines, shit happens.

Sincerely,

--Cyrus

01-09-2002, 12:41 PM
I must say here that you are one dumb motherfucker, and you probably have bad teeth and a comb-over. You probably also got a mother BTY, I got her too.

01-09-2002, 02:33 PM
I forgot who said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel," but, as usual, Cyrus hits the nail squarely on the head, Dr. Wogga. You're not fooling anybody here. Or, if you are, it can't last for long.

01-09-2002, 03:37 PM
This whole sub-thread is a waste of space. Let's get rid of it, webmaster.

01-09-2002, 07:20 PM

01-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Leave it up if you enjoy so much the racist back and forth. "Crackers" and all that. (Hint: You can always save these messages on your computer and enjoy them off-line to your heart's content.)

As I said : I enjoy hitting a nerve with your racist ass! The more painful the hit, the merrier it all seems, even from the Mercerville boondogs. Be seeing you...