PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning house

citanul
08-29-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm fairly disgusted with the lot of you.

I have locked or deleted a lot of posts in the last few minutes.

Several probably that did not deserve it.

I am not a fan of removing all traces of non-strategy content from the forum, not even close, however, the number of semi-ridiculous personal attacks and other just outright nonsense was large tonight. Again, I'm not against those sorts of thing, but it appeared we were verging on flamewarness in the worst type, the multi-thread flame war.

If you've got a problem with a poster, or his style, or whatever, here's a novel idea or three:

1) PM that poster!
2) PM me!
3) Create an innovative trolling account and troll that poster. (Be sure you are innovative, instead of just stupid about it though.)

Hopefully these threads will fall off the face of the earth pretty quick and we can get back to our nice clean mix of strategy and b.s.ing in the near future.

citanul

HighestCard
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Thank you citanul for keeping the forum cleaned up and not being a lazy moderator.

No this is not a brown nosing post, more like keep up the good work because it was pissing me off too.

kyro
08-30-2005, 12:10 AM
I hope you realize that my mysterious absence from this wonderful forum is obviously the reason for the crappitude that is appearing.

bawcerelli
08-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Cit, what was up with that guy posting the "interesting AA hand" where he folded aces preflop? Was that a joke or something?

skipperbob
08-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey Cit:...I admire the altruism that you bring to the job and I hope that I get a chance to meet you soon...Just a couple of quickies?

1.) How much time do you put in on the "mod" job?
2.) Are you paid for it?
3.) Why is Raptor allowed to post so much "off-topic" nonsense & I am not?

Regards, "SFB"

The once and future king
08-30-2005, 09:40 AM
To help get more BS in to the mix I suggest you make Raptors number thread a sticky. (For a few days at least).

Hollla

citanul
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cit, what was up with that guy posting the "interesting AA hand" where he folded aces preflop? Was that a joke or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem was that I didn't, and no one else did either, care if it was a joke. He probably just misclicked. Oh no! Not a misclick?! That's too funny!

See the problem?

citanul

citanul
08-30-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Cit:...I admire the altruism that you bring to the job and I hope that I get a chance to meet you soon...Just a couple of quickies?

1.) How much time do you put in on the "mod" job?
2.) Are you paid for it?
3.) Why is Raptor allowed to post so much "off-topic" nonsense & I am not?

Regards, "SFB"

[/ QUOTE ]

SFB,

I mod mostly while playing, and most of the rest of the time is just when I would have been posting or whatnot anyway I think. I probably put in about 30 minutes more of 2+2 a day, maybe a bit more, extra, to handle the actual modding work, on average. Though I wouldn't lie and say that since I started modding I haven't been spending more time reading other forums and the like than I used to. So I dunno what it is taking that all into account.

What's this... pay... thing you speak of?

You, raptor, and everyone else are allowed to do basically whatever you want. Unfortunately last night there was a clear problem that needed to be addressed and a lot of off topic posts suffered for it. =( Then again, I'm just waking up and I'm pretty sure that you didn't really need an answer to that last one.

I look forward to meeting you, amongst other SNGers, soon. I'm sorry I can't make it out this weekend, even to just chill and entertain the strippers while you guys are busy playing. (and have the special gmilf stripper that'll be there for you bake me cookies while you're playing.)

citanul

Degen
08-30-2005, 12:37 PM
http://www.peta-sucks.com/bitchslapped1.gif

Wes ManTooth
08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3) Create an innovative trolling account and troll that poster. (Be sure you are innovative, instead of just stupid about it though.)

[/ QUOTE ]

dibs on DownWithcitanul