PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable batteries

kipin
08-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Do you use them? I'm a big fan personally, just picked up an 8 pack of Duracell AA's to go with my 4 Energizer AA's and 8 Duracell AAA's. The only downside is the shorter battery life, which is why I have so many of each type (Considering I only use them in like 3 devices).

STLantny
08-29-2005, 10:28 PM
I use a ton of aa batteries, for my digi camera, and various sports pagers I got laying around.. Also D's for the vibrator.

Ps tell them to unban my from irc, Im bored tonight.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
I used to have about 295749769437694376 rechargeable AA batteries... like 10 years ago. I don't remember the last time I've had use for one now. All the battery-powered electronics I use now have custom batteries.

wacki
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only downside is the shorter battery life

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? They last a heck of a lot longer than regular batteries in my digital camera. Same with my flashlights. Rayovac has the best recharge technology (IC3). There are a bunch of really good "little guy" batteries such as ULTRALAST, Maha, which are the best for sheer power on the Nimh level.

Pilla makes some awesome lithium rechargeables.

I know cuz my life literally depends on my batteries. Goto Inthacups OOT photo directory to see why.

wacki
08-29-2005, 11:11 PM
ahhhh.... forgot to add something. Rechargeables last longer (many cases 4x longer) because they can store more power and have a more stable peak voltage. However, they slowly discharge if you don't use them. If something is going to stay on the shelf for a month to years, use a disposable or charge the batteries as they are have lost some of their energy.

astroglide
08-30-2005, 02:19 AM
yeah i use energizer lithium ions with a 15 minute charger. love it.

wacki
08-30-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i use energizer lithium ions with a 15 minute charger. love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

energizer does not offer lithium rechargeables.

For lithium rechargeables your best bet is here:

http://www.jsburlys.com/?id=products

siccjay
08-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I have some, I wanna buy more. They make my cordless optical mouse freak out though.