PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break

Dubra
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
I enjoyed this season debut on Fox, anyone else watch it? what did you think?

Al P
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Liked it.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Great show

Dubra
08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
also, what do you think is the significance of the main characters cellmate? i cant see how he fits into the escape

kipin
08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Downloaded the first episode like 3 months ago, it seemed entertaining, I'll probably start watching it next week.

HopeydaFish
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
You definitely need to pay careful attention to what's going on while you watch the show. Lots of plot twists, sub-plots, and tons of characters.

Sadly, this may be what will end up dooming the show. The average television viewer doesn't have the attention span required to follow a show like this from week to week. It will not be the type of show that you can start watching if you have missed the first few weeks.

Trump
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
It looks good, about to be on in 30 minutes Pacific time. I don't like how the episodes are 2 hours long though, 1 hour would be better.

Dubra
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM
2 hour season premier, 1hr weekly 9pm time slot i think

KingCon
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks good, about to be on in 30 minutes Pacific time. I don't like how the episodes are 2 hours long though, 1 hour would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only 2 hours for the premiere

Al P
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
And it was 2 seperate episodes.

Zurvan
08-30-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You definitely need to pay careful attention to what's going on while you watch the show. Lots of plot twists, sub-plots, and tons of characters.

Sadly, this may be what will end up dooming the show. The average television viewer doesn't have the attention span required to follow a show like this from week to week. It will not be the type of show that you can start watching if you have missed the first few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the show may have a chance... consider how popular Lost & Desperate Housewives are, with similar "problems". People aren't as stupid as TV/Movie people have assumed they are - they actually like complex, involved story lines.

This show was good. Has much promise. Looking forward to more.

imported_The Vibesman
08-30-2005, 10:00 AM
I didn't watch it or anything, I don't watch a lot of TV shows. Mostly cartoons.

I just kind of wanted to say that, with Fox, everytime they have a new show, I see an ad for it and say, hey that doesn't look too bad. Then I see about 20 zillion more ads in the five months between the first ad and the premiere, not to mention the extra advertising during ball games and the like. By the time their new show premieres, I'm usually sick of the mf'er.

HopeydaFish
08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
I liked it too, and will try to keep up with it every week. Hopefully it'll stick around long enough so that the storylines will have time to develop and will gain a devoted audience. I keep hoping that *this* will be the season where the noveltly of reality shows starts wearing off and the networks go back to creating "real" shows.

trying2learn
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I thought it was great, and I got in about 20 min into the first episode, so I even missed the very beginning. Reminds me a bit of OZ, but I supposed that was going to happen regardless.

I am a little bummed that I'm going to be tied down to a stupid show now though...this seems like it's going to be one of those you can't miss.

HopeydaFish
08-30-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was great, and I got in about 20 min into the first episode, so I even missed the very beginning. Reminds me a bit of OZ, but I supposed that was going to happen regardless.

I am a little bummed that I'm going to be tied down to a stupid show now though...this seems like it's going to be one of those you can't miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really liked the first few seasons of Oz. The storylines took a whole season to develop and the characters were well-developed. By the last couple of seasons of Oz, it was as if the show went on speed and all of the storylines had to wrap up every two or three episodes and none of the new characters got well developed.

I'm hoping Prison Break will be more like the first few seasons of Oz.

touchfaith
09-20-2005, 01:01 AM
This show is getting lame.

On the roof, in the Wardens office, making instant keys, building models, running around like you didn't just get 2 toes chopped off...

And I think that was just the first 10 mintues /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

They are reaching for this show...at least make it somewhat believeable.

fsuplayer
09-20-2005, 11:18 AM
i disagree.

i have found it to be very entertaining. i look forward to it each week, which is saying something, since i dont watch much tv at all.