PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like this? PF 3bet w/ AK.

BobboFitos
08-29-2005, 09:32 PM
5-5 live, I have both opponents covered. Villain 1 is wearing a pokerstars sweatshirt and has ~750, Villain 2 has about the same and is in seat 8 or so, so I can't see him well (no read re: appearance /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). (Im on other end of the table)

In the few hours I've played with these guys Villain 1 has reraised me pf twice and I folded both times. He seems kinda tight but has taken advantage of me. I've raised more then my fair share of hands... Anyway, in EP I open for 20 w/ AKo, Villain 1 in step in LP makes it 60, Villain 2 cold calls from the blinds,..

I make it 150 total. Anyone like this?

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 09:36 PM
No.

If you want to make it $250 and try to end it, maybe. But they're for sure calling another $90 - Or 4 betting you, I guess and then where are you OOP on a 962 flop? Or a KJT flop for that matter.

AZK
08-29-2005, 10:52 PM
What are you trying to accomplish with this bet? Steal? Raise more, otherwise, I see no reason why you reraise.

creedofhubris
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5-5 live, I have both opponents covered. Villain 1 is wearing a pokerstars sweatshirt and has ~750, Villain 2 has about the same and is in seat 8 or so, so I can't see him well (no read re: appearance /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). (Im on other end of the table)

In the few hours I've played with these guys Villain 1 has reraised me pf twice and I folded both times. He seems kinda tight but has taken advantage of me. I've raised more then my fair share of hands... Anyway, in EP I open for 20 w/ AKo, Villain 1 in step in LP makes it 60, Villain 2 cold calls from the blinds,..

I make it 150 total. Anyone like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea that you should not let them keep pushing you around preflop is a good one.

The amount you've reraised is a bad one; it's too low.

-Skeme-
08-30-2005, 02:00 AM
$150 seems too a bit too small if you're going to draw your line in the sand. Also, isn't just calling his raise showing him you won't be pushed around?

Lucky
08-30-2005, 03:51 AM
I dont like it. If they're picking on you, I'd think a raise from you in EP is not a great spot to slap you around some more. Its not like steal/resteal in the CO/button.

Anyway, with the reraise, then call, i prob just call. It you're loadin up for bear, pop it to more than 150.

Leroy Soesman
08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
I generally agree with that you have to bet more, but...

there is something that always bothers me in these situations. That is, they KNOW they've already reraised me twice! And they also realize that I might've gotten more selective of what I raise, and therefore have a stronger hand. And they can suspect that I might decide to make a stand with it. (given they are reasonable to good players).

In the shoes of the opponent, I might become a bit more selective about what I reraise with the third or fourth time. Possibly to induce a mistake van a hand like AK?

Just speculating people.

mgsimpleton
08-30-2005, 07:31 AM
um well maybe this is the 3rd time they've done it but they will be more selective the 4th time. or maybe it's the 4th but they're waiting til the 5th to have a hand. you can't not make a stand "because this might be the one time they have a monster," that's letting a LAG run you over and why they are so successful. that said, reraise more.

Leroy Soesman
08-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Right you are.

BobboFitos
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The idea that you should not let them keep pushing you around preflop is a good one.

The amount you've reraised is a bad one; it's too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right.

Results: they folded anyway, I still think this is a good spot w/ the cold caller, I just raised too small. I got a little lucky they folded for such a small reraise.

08-30-2005, 04:32 PM
What do you put the caller on?