PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing out w/ tpnk hands?

cmwck
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds...

Weak? It's hard to know when to raise this at a new table. If I were in late position and it's checked to the guy on my right I'd be much more willing to raise.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
I would call the flop, and see how the action goes. Raise the turn probably.

Knoler
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
I raise here.

Against 4 players in an unraised pot, I expect to have the best hand a significant portion of the time. SB *could* have a Q, but he also could have a J, a flush draw, a straight draw, or not much at all.

If he has a Q, he probably doesn't have AQ or KQ, meaning you'd chop if the board pairs 5s or whatever card falls on the turn.

Folding is weak, calling doesn't protect your hand. Raise it up.

Regards,
-Brian

TheMetetron
08-29-2005, 11:08 PM
raise

w_alloy
08-30-2005, 01:25 AM
I raise this without thinking every time. Your decision is made easier by the flush draw and straight cards (q and j) out there, which expands the range of SB and also makes protecting more important.

therockofgibraltar
08-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Started playing short only yesterday so take this what it's worth but I will raise this easily.