PDA

View Full Version : Way too passive... Stud Hi

mscags
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I felt l like a big vagina after playing this hand. Anywhere I should be more aggressive?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street - (5.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (7.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

Total pot: 7.00 BB

DeadMoneyOC
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
This is just a sign that your Jedi senses are improving. You knew you were going to miss. VNH!

08-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Sometimes you just don't hit and cannot win. That's all. You can consider to raise on 4th, but you really don't want to chase out seat 2 and all of your cards are low. You did not get any pairs along the way. And although you got a straight draw also going after 6th, you just have to sit and hit. This time you just sat. Next hand.

Andy B
08-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I think the only street that's really debatable is fourth. A raise will probably knock out the other guy, and I think you want him in. You played it fine--you just didn't catch.

mscags
08-30-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A raise will probably knock out the other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's my thinking with the call in that spot.

kschellenger
08-30-2005, 03:59 AM
I like a completion on 3rd with a lot of low cards exposed and a completely live flush draw and little chance of acting first next round. Otherwise, as mentioned, 4th is debatable, but the rest is played out fine.

PoorLawyer
08-30-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a completion on 3rd with a lot of low cards exposed and a completely live flush draw and little chance of acting first next round. Otherwise, as mentioned, 4th is debatable, but the rest is played out fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

since he is early to act I think you want a call here to keep people in. A raise would be a better choice with high flush cards I think rather than here.