PDA

View Full Version : How to feel good about your life.

David04
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Link (http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/accomplished/)

"At age 15:

Albert Einstein, with poor grades in geography, history and languages, dropped out of school.

Composer George Gershwin ("Rhapsody in Blue") left school to pitch his songs in Tin Pan Alley.

Chess champion Bobby Fischer became an international grandmaster and dropped out of high school to devote himself to professional competition.

Swedish tennis star Bjorn Borg dropped out of school to concentrate on tennis.

American reformer Susan B. Anthony began teaching school.

Issac Asimov entered Columbia University.

Henry Ford, disliking life on the farm, moved to Detroit and trained as a machinist.

Ragtime musician Eubie Blake began playing piano in Baltimore brothels.

Benjamin Franklin contributed anonymously to a local newspaper, and he wrote ballads and peddled them in the streets. Also at this age, he became a free-thinker and a vegetarian.

Edith Piaf began her career singing in the streets of Paris.

Billie Holiday began singing in a Harlem nightclub.

Eddie Murphy performed his own comedy routines at youth centers in New York.

Louis Braille, blind since age 3, improved the method of raised writing.

Baker's apprentice Hanson Crockett Gregory invented the first ring doughnuts by knocking the center out of a fried doughnut.

Outlaw Jesse James joined up with Quantrill's pro-Confederate guerrillas.

Tennis player Jennifer Capriati became the youngest semifinalist at Wimbledon.

Inventor Thomas Alva Edison became manager of a telegraph office.

Newspaper editor Horace Greeley became an apprentice printer.

Anne Frank wrote the final entry in her diary."

When I was 15 I was still masturbating six times a day.

08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
When I was 15 I was still masturbating six times a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Six times a day....way to go.

polltard

ThaSaltCracka
08-29-2005, 09:05 PM
At age 23:

John Singleton directed his first film, "Boyz 'N the Hood."

T. S. Eliot wrote "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock."

John Keats wrote "Ode on a Grecian Urn," which ends with the lines, "'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' - that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. "

English poet Jane Taylor wrote "Twinkle, twinkle, little star."

Margaret Mead traveled to the South Seas as part of a "giant rescue operation" to study primative cultures before they perished.

Russian-American pianist Vladimir Horowitz made a spectacular concert debut when, impatient with the conductor's slow pace, he ran away from the conductor's tempo and finished Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 several bars ahead of time.

Novelist, playwright, and short-story writer Carson McCullers wrote her acclaimed first book, The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.

Truman Capote published his first novel, Other Voices, Other Rooms.

Orson Welles produced and performed his "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast, terrifying millions of people. He also got his face on the cover of Time Magazine.

Jack Nicklaus became the youngest golfer to win the Masters.

Francois-Louis Cailler manufactured the world's first eating chocolate to be commercially produced.

None of that is really all that cool.

David04
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think directing a movie, winning the Masters, writing books, etc. is pretty cool no matter how old you are.

Alobar
08-29-2005, 09:15 PM
This is from mine

Conceptual artist Piero Manzoni crapped in 90 small cans which were then factory sealed and offered for sale at the price of gold.

awesome!!!

ThaSaltCracka
08-29-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think directing a movie, winning the Masters, writing books, etc. is pretty cool no matter how old you are.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, but its not like any of them cured Polio or something.

David04
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
The title of my post was intended as sarcasm. This, however, is likely to REALLY make you feel good about your life. I'm sure whatever you have done with your life up until this point is more important than crapping into numerous mall cans.

Alobar
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, but its not like any of them crapped in a jar something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Redd
08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is from mine

Conceptual artist Piero Manzoni crapped in 90 small cans which were then factory sealed and offered for sale at the price of gold.

awesome!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't done this yet at your age? You've wasted your life.

scotty34
08-29-2005, 11:34 PM
"At age 5, Gabriel Cortes was thought to be retarded. Four years later his mother was approached by school officials asking permission to advance him two grades. At age 21 he dated three women in one night. At age 24 he routed his adversaries in "Spectre Supreme," becoming the de facto champion at San Jose State. At age 26 he was charged with multiple counts of felony hacking and amazingly bartered them all down to a single misdemeanor."

What a guy

InchoateHand
08-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Wow, I feel better now, like an unfunny aunt just sent me a piece of chain-email. Thanks, I've just found meaning in my otherwise vacuous life.

BillNye
08-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Be cool, Stay in school

InchoateHand
08-30-2005, 12:57 PM
As one drop-out to another...

08-30-2005, 12:59 PM
You forgot to mention the other 100,000,000,000 kids who dropped out and are now making some of the best McSundaes around.

Extra nuts please.