PDA

View Full Version : I hate spots like this... 5/10 6max

gomberg
08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
I raise UTG to $45 w/ black TT, poster folds, BB calls. He just sat down w/ $1k - no reads, his first hand.

Flop 367 w/ 6h7h. He checks, I bet $75, He checkraises to $250... No idea what to do here. This is for sure a commitment decision (damn good raise on his part w/ the hand I have). Given no reads - is this too marginal a situation to call / push with?

Rotating Rabbit
08-29-2005, 07:04 PM
just in my own experience from party i've rarely seen a player getting way out of line on his first hand, especially not heads oop against UTG unknown (+ he's seen rest of table fold), everytime i see big action on a player's first hand i always think he's a hothead and he usually has AA+ on the flop.

gomberg
08-29-2005, 08:03 PM
This wasn't at party, but I think your analysis probably holds...

fimbulwinter
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise UTG to $45 w/ black TT, poster folds, BB calls. He just sat down w/ $1k - no reads, his first hand.

Flop 367 w/ 6h7h. He checks, I bet $75, He checkraises to $250... No idea what to do here. This is for sure a commitment decision (damn good raise on his part w/ the hand I have). Given no reads - is this too marginal a situation to call / push with?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no problem folding this hand.

fim

Sadat X
08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
All three options seem viable here with both a straight and flush draw on board. The fact that he closed the action PF means you can't rule out JJ-AA so I'd lean towards folding. Tough spot though.

gomberg
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have no problem folding this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either, especially w/out a read. I folded this time - but after watching him for another 15 minutes, I think I should have been willing to go to the felt with this one - although it would have been marginal edge high variance in the long run. He ended up pot CRing many flops, so it didn't mean he had me beat /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll never know though...