PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback on these Preflop Decisions

Student Caine
08-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Both hands are from a 6/12 live game last night at Bay 101:

Hand #1:

UTG is one of the dealers that is sitting in at the table. He is definitely TAG'ish having not played many hand, but betting/raising when he does play.

CO is fairly loose and semi-aggressive.

I am on the button. I am weak-tight and I am in the SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop:
UTG raises, all fold to CO who 3-bets, Button folds, Hero ???

I looked over to UTG when the 3-bet went in and he instantly grabbed for more chips so I know he is going to cap. I put him on big pockets or AK so if I am in I am most likely playing my Jacks for set value - that being the case I folded. Does anyone else call this raise? What about capping it yourself?

Hand #2:

UTG is the same dealer as in Hand #1.

I am on the button with A/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop:
UTG raises, all fold to Hijack who calls, CO folds, Hero ???

When he brought it in UTG made a statement that was blatantly obvious that he was trying to conceal the fact that he had a strong hand - I honestly figured AA or KK he was that blatant about it. Given this read and his TAG'ish nature I folded. Does anyone call here? I considered 3-betting to see what he *really* had, but I did not see the value of 3-betting since I was so certain of his holding.

hobbsmann
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Hand 1 - Cap

Hand 2 - Easy fold

WillyTrailer
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #1:

UTG is one of the dealers that is sitting in at the table. He is definitely TAG'ish having not played many hand, but betting/raising when he does play.

I am on the button. I am weak-tight and I am in the SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop:

I looked over to UTG when the 3-bet went in and he instantly grabbed for more chips so I know he is going to cap. I put him on big pockets or AK so if I am in I am most likely playing my Jacks for set value - that being the case I folded. Does anyone else call this raise? What about capping it yourself?

Hand #2:

Preflop:

When he brought it in UTG made a statement that was blatantly obvious that he was trying to conceal the fact that he had a strong hand - I honestly figured AA or KK he was that blatant about it. Given this read and his TAG'ish nature I folded. Does anyone call here? I considered 3-betting to see what he *really* had, but I did not see the value of 3-betting since I was so certain of his holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might cap hand 1. UTG may fear you if he's been paying attention to your play and then you have a really strong hand against the LAG.

Hand 2 should just be folded. In fact, against any TAG I recommend folding to his UTG raise with ATo.

-WT

bobbyi
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Hand 1 is tough because the CO is "semi-aggressive" so he could have a bad hand here. If you change CO to being a very tight raiser, this is an easy fold. As it is, I still think the fold is fine.

Hand 2 definitely fold. ATo is trash against a TAG UTG PFR even without your read on whatever statement he made.

PITTM
08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #1:

Preflop:

Hand #2:

Preflop:

[/ QUOTE ]

i play in this game all the time. i would cap the first hand, fold the second. the first hand will be easy easy easy to play postflop, while the second hand will be extremely difficult, while probably not being profitable anyways.

rj