PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ass Honda dealership

handsome
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I brought my car into a Honda dealership to get a tuneup done. First I let them charge me for replacing dirty brake fluid ($50), which I didn't mind. But when I got my bill, I saw that they tried to overcharge me by $100 (when the tuneup is already $200 this is ridiculous). Wow, complete bullshit. People probably overlook this all the time and just pay the extra money. Anyway I had them fix the bill and drove off ticked off.

When I was driving, I noticed 2 things:
1) pressing and releasing the throttle made a clicking sound (coming from the engine), and I hear the same sound when I switch the gear to R.
2) turn signal cancellation clicks too many times.

I have no idea how a basic tuneup could affect those two things but they better fix this [censored].

WDC
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
If you cannot get anywhere with them threaten a letter to Honda's corporate office. A car dealer buddy of mine told me that dealerships hate having to explain customer complaints to the corporate office and customer satisfaction is one category that all Honda dealerships compete in when it is time to get inventory.

jokerthief
08-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Whoa bro, my dad owns a dealership. Take it easy.

http://www.mcpeepants.com/frames/315frataliens/frame17.jpg

2+2 wannabe
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda is brutal - actually nearly all dealerships are full of sketchpads and shitty workers

for a company that sells a quality product - they sure don't know how to treat their customers

I bought a 2003 Honda Civic, and whenever I went in for an oil change they gave me the runaround and tried to get me to tune up stuff, etc. My dad (a car salesman /images/graemlins/grin.gif) told me to tell them to politely [censored] off, and that most of the stuff they tell you to get done "every x km/miles" is way too quick.

oddjob
08-29-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa bro, my dad owns a dealership. Take it easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

then tell him to stop ripping people off.

08-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Man, don't ever go to a dealership for work, unless it's warranty stuff.

Once I had a car that was under warranty, and the heater core was leaking. It was leaking so badly that I had to constantly fill it with water just to make it to the dealer. The guy calls me up and says, "We gotta hook your radiator up to the flush machine, or else I can’t warrantee the work- that's gonna cost $90." I was laughing my ass off “Flush machine? What’s that, a garden hose?” He didn’t charge me. Then when I picked the car up, there was a $15 charge for “antifreeze disposal”. I reminded him that I had to run through 3 gallons of water just to make it there.