PDA

View Full Version : What color socks?

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
You're wearing brown shoes and blue jeans. What color socks do you wear?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Can I wear my Scooby Doo Christmas socks?

lucas9000
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
what kind of brown shoes?

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Sure. Did you check "other"?

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure. Did you check "other"?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am now.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. Like plain brown casual shoes. Not boots.

lucas9000
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case you're a nerd and you might as well wear white socks to round out the look /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in that case you're a nerd and you might as well wear white socks to round out the look /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, lucas. I appreciate the help. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mslif
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Brown casual shoes and jeans... Sounds bad to me. Socks are not the problem here, the shoes are.

swede123
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I voted Argyle just for it being a choice. You rock, Jake.

Swede

WDC
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I would go with a tan or a light blue. I think that any color would work but I prefer to stay away from white socks with anything but sneakers.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have never owned a pair but decided to include them anyway.

RunDownHouse
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Brown was the closest option to tan.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
The correct answer is no socks. That is always the correct answer - Unless you're going to a funeral.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Wtf? How is white winning? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i should've known better. For those who said white, you only own white soxcks, don't you?

Rockatansky
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Unreal. Blue (assuming you mean navy blue) is the only choice on this poll that's even close to correct.

swede123
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I have never owned a pair but decided to include them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argyle socks are the clear choice when wearing this kind of shirt: http://www.peppergifts.com/2003GolfShirtPics/100PatchArgyle_small.jpg

Of course if you wear that you're most likely this guy, http://content-golf.live.advance.net/images/majors/ryder/parnevik.jpg and from now on I can speak to you in Swedish.

Swede

hyde
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The correct answer is no socks. That is always the correct answer - Unless you're going to a funeral.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have I been committing a faux pas at funerals?

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
It depends on how well you knew the deceased - If it's not immediate family, you're still OK.

Cancer Merchant
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf? How is white winning? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i should've known better. For those who said white, you only own white soxcks, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans. Brown shoes. Since fashion is obviously out the window, there's no reason to get the dress socks dirty, just go with white.

gabbahh
08-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Im a fan of the White Sox!
And we are with many!

smokingrobot
08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
argyle homey.

Dynasty
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
When I clicked onto this poll, I thought it said "What color sucks?". I was mulling over whether to change jake's screen name to the winning color.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brown casual shoes and jeans... Sounds bad to me. Socks are not the problem here, the shoes are.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shoes are not the problem. You'll just have to see them. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 08:31 AM
So it looks like maybe I should invest in some brown socks?

2planka
08-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Match the socks to the pants, not the shoes - this even applies to jeans. Match the belt to the shoes.

That said, who really cares? You're a guy. Guys shouldn't care about these things. The Warden applauds me if my socks so much as match each other, never mind anything else.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brown was the closest option to tan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess tan could be an option. I've always had an aversion to tan socks, probably because that's what my grandmother always wears.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Match the socks to the pants, not the shoes - this even applies to jeans. Match the belt to the shoes.

That said, who really cares? You're a guy. Guys shouldn't care about these things. The Warden applauds me if my socks so much as match each other, never mind anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I match my belt to the shoes. I'm not a complete ratard. I tend to agree that socks don't matter, but I'm at a buying point. Pretty much all my socks have worn out and I'm going to be buying more anyway. I rarely wear socks here in FL, except running (white) or to work so I pretty much always wear black or gray socks. But I might get a pair or teo of something else just to change things up. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HesseJam
08-30-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My answer: darkish red/ darkish burgundy to differ from the masses.

swede123
08-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Just go Argyle already. You might just start a new trend!

Swede

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Just go Argyle already. You might just start a new trend!

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I'm always a trendsetter. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chesspain
Don't wear brown shoes with jeans.

Bluffoon
08-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Either a pair of blue socks that is close in color to the jeans I am wearing or a pair of those cut down socks that don't stick up above your shoe ( I dont know what they are called)

And dont listen to all the brown shoe haters. As long as they are casual you should be fine.

I hope you didn't go out with wingtips and black dess socks Jake.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They're just plain brown shoes.

Maybe I should give up on this and go back to just wearing my old shitkickers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
http://www.skipsboots.com/ProductImages/ariat/35525p.jpg

dlk9s
08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unreal. Blue (assuming you mean navy blue) is the only choice on this poll that's even close to correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Always match the socks to the pants, or at least come close.

I suppose brown could be acceptable. With jeans, the pants/socks matching rule can probably be bent a tad.

I seriously hope the people who voted for white are joking.

08-30-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]for some reason, i actually really like argyle socks on guys...

08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They're just plain brown shoes.

Maybe I should give up on this and go back to just wearing my old shitkickers. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...those are, well, very very [censored] ugly.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Wow...those are, well, very very [censored] ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I'm from Texas. Whatcha expect?

08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't wear brown shoes with jeans.

[/ QUOTE ]where are people coming up with this no brown shoes and jeans? don't tell me you wear a navy blue shirt with black shoes...that is a big fasion no-no. you can wear almost any color shoes with jeans, as long as your belt matches your shoes...and your shirt

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
as long as your belt matches your shoes...and your shirt

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

08-30-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it is very simple my friend...your shoes, belt, and/or purse should always match....when you wear a dark blue shirt, you should wear brown shoes (with jeans or kahki pants)...black shirt= black shoes (no matter what color pants)...any other colors you need help with?

08-30-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it is very simple my friend...your shoes, belt, and/or purse should always match....when you wear a dark blue shirt, you should wear brown shoes (with jeans or kahki pants)...black shirt= black shoes (no matter what color pants)...any other colors you need help with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or of course you could just wear what you find comfortable and not concern yourself with other peoples opinions. They care far more about air-brushed models anyway.

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is very simple my friend...your shoes, belt, and/or purse should always match....when you wear a dark blue shirt, you should wear brown shoes (with jeans or kahki pants)...black shirt= black shoes (no matter what color pants)...any other colors you need help with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You said "match". To me this meant you expect the shirt, belt and shoes to be the same color. This made no sense to me.

08-30-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is very simple my friend...your shoes, belt, and/or purse should always match....when you wear a dark blue shirt, you should wear brown shoes (with jeans or kahki pants)...black shirt= black shoes (no matter what color pants)...any other colors you need help with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You said "match". To me this meant you expect the shirt, belt and shoes to be the same color. This made no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]i just got too technical with you...nevermind...wear whatever you want...no one except women will even notice your shoes not matching

08-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or of course you could just wear what you find comfortable and not concern yourself with other peoples opinions. They care far more about air-brushed models anyway.

[/ QUOTE ] ya i guess i'd take a model, but that guy NOT wearing socks will not do

jakethebake
08-30-2005, 10:55 AM
So it seems I should match my socks to my pants. I'll now begin my quest for denim socks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-30-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So it seems I should match my socks to my pants. I'll now begin my quest for denim socks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]there is no hope here...

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I bought a 3-pack of navy socks and a 3-pack of tan socks. I still have some serviceable gray and black socks as well so I think I'm covered. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought a 3-pack of navy socks and a 3-pack of tan socks. I still have some serviceable gray and black socks as well so I think I'm covered. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
09-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Hmmm....After all that sock discussion, I got dressed in the dark this morning. I ended up wearing tan socks with green khakis and a blue shirt. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif