PDA

View Full Version : Fold this FH?

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
5/10

I have $850, Villain covers.

4 limpers, I knock in BB w 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead for $50, UTG calls, all others fold.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I check, UTG bets $100, I call. (was going to c/r, but thought better of it).

river Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $250, Villain pushes.

Villain is not an idiot - can you fold this?

Yeti
08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

fsuplayer
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

not at that price.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
What are we beating that a non-idiot is not just calling on the end?

flawless_victory
i think this fold would be pretty horrible...
you are getting better than 3:1 on the river...

gol4pro
Only conceivable hand that beats you here is 88. Solid villians do not limp with QQ preflop.

Therefore, with like 2:1 on a call on the river, my money beats his into the pot.

Is there something I'm missing here or is this the easiest call in the world?

Obviously though, you lost, because you wouldn't be posting it. I think that calling/raising the OVER's full in hold'em is never a mistake on a single paired board.

Brad F.
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5/10

I have $850, Villain covers.

4 limpers, I knock in BB w 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead for $50, UTG calls, all others fold.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I check, UTG bets $100, I call. (was going to c/r, but thought better of it).

river Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $250, Villain pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has SOOOO many holdings that you demolish it's not even close. 6-7 comes to mind, and so does AA and KK (limp reraise UTG didn't work) and many more onepair/twopair type hands, or one with a lone 4. How are you going to put a villian on one of the three hands that beat you here?

Sorry it didn't work out, but you'll get him next time.

edit: Just saw that the villian was NOT an idiot, but still you have to make this call every time.

Brad

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I obviously lost the hand, but in thinking about it, I think I could actually get away from this - It was live too.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
"Villain is NOT an idiot"

flawless_victory
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I obviously lost the hand, but in thinking about it, I think I could actually get away from this - It was live too.

[/ QUOTE ]im way nore likely to get away on the net... i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .
live, for that price... jeez.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
That's funny, I would think I was much less likely to get away from this online.

fsuplayer
08-29-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's funny, I would think I was much less likely to get away from this online.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i can see folding this live, no chance online though.

captZEEbo1
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I play 67 similarly as to villain (except I probably raise flop). Someone donk leads me on river I'd push 76.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
It's funny you would mention that - He didn't have QQ, but that was a hand I really thought was possible - And in the 8 seconds before I called, I was cursing myself for not craising big on the turn. He had quads, but whatever, I guess my point is that the only thing I beat here against a reasonable player is 45 or air - Just felt like a bad spot, and I think I should've laid it down. It was only because the amount of money and stacks were small that I din't think I really had a choice.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
That's interesting. I wish you were Villain.

Yeti
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 67 similarly as to villain (except I probably raise flop). Someone donk leads me on river I'd push 76.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rococo
08-29-2005, 05:25 PM
If you can make this fold, then I think that it means that Villain IS an idiot. In other words, if you (or any other good player) can put him on such a narrow range of hands here, he can't be that good a player.

lapoker17
08-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I didn't say he was a good player - Just not an idiot - Meaning he wouldn't make this raise with A4 or KK.

Rococo
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say he was a good player - Just not an idiot - Meaning he wouldn't make this raise with A4 or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I really wouldn't beat yourself up about this one. I don't see you getting away at these stack sizes unless Villain is a true "open book".

Jason Strasser
08-30-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get this. A really good player might have set up a dynamic where he could value bet a hand like KK just like this on the river in the same fashion. It seems to me if you can fathom folding this hand for this price then the player is not very good. Or I could be way off..

-Jason

Ulysses
08-30-2005, 02:45 AM
He'll have 67 plenty enough of the time to call imo.

Lucky
08-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Never fold this. If we're talkin 200+ bb, maybe its an issue...even then....

If you're not sure, its rarely a good idea to fold overfulls. If he's got 88 or QQ, good for him.

Leaky Eye
08-30-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some folks are having trouble with your use of the techincal term 'idiot' here.

Anyway. I guess there aren't many people I believe I could safely fold this hand to. 67 and possibly fours full can be here, and nothing a > 0% of the time.

integrate
08-30-2005, 02:51 PM
With only $650 left, this would be a really, really, really, really, tough fold. But there are fire bells going off all over the place on the river when he pushes KNOWING that you only have $650 left. I'm sure you've ruled out that he's trying to bluff you, so it'd be hard to fold.

The only hands I can see him smooth calling you on the flop is with a set, but his weak play on the flop and turn could've said he had queens (being scared someone like you hit a set/two pair, etc). So if he had 8s, 4s, or Qs...you're beat on the river, and the only thing you beat now is a straight (and I don't think he'd push on the river with a straight).

Although I probably will never get a chance to fold such a hand, just by your info alone, about 40% of me would want to fold this on the river. He simply got lucky that you had a set, because there's no way he put you on that.

Where was this?