PDA

View Full Version : Pink Polo shirts with Popped collars and Plaid Shorts

08-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Is this the new style for kids 16-22? Did i miss something or is being a complete boner in? Also the trucker hats and kids with reeeaaallly tight pants?

SL__72
08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't forget that just the front of the shirt sould be tucked in.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this the new style for kids 16-22?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the really cool ones.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the trucker hats and kids with reeeaaallly tight pants?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are still for white trash.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Didn't we already do this thread? Is Dead back?

tbach24
08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong on both counts.

B Dids
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM
New posters really should have like 50 posts before they're allowed to start new threads.

DasLeben
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong on both counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they're emo. That's the style right?

08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I dunno. what does dead have to do with it? And where is he? i remember browsing here and reading his stuff.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I understand if you don't like the plaid shorts and polos, but seriously, if you're defending those Urban Outfitters, Ashton Kutcher wannabe, trucker hat wearing faggots, you should seriously reconsider life.

RacersEdge
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that just the front of the shirt sould be tucked in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's how I wear all my shirts.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Okay let me explain this:

There are 5 different types of white poeple in the 16-22's

1. emo
2. metro/homosexual
3. punks
4. normal people
5. thugs (gangstas?)

1. emo people wear similar clothing to metro/homosexual, however they do their hair in different ways and are very pale and weigh 130 pounds
2. metro/homsexual people wear that sort of clothing, except they usually try to maintain good physique and they have really bad hair too, just different
3. punks wear gross looking clothing. they also have mohawks and stuff. i think they are something able to clash with emo, but not positive on that. these people are in the minority.
4. normal people wear clothes that aren't too tight, not too flamboyant, and are just normal. these people are generally cool. i think this is the largest group (thankfully)
5. these people talk funny and care as much as metro/homosexuals about how they look, but it's different. for an example, look at a rapper.

i think that covers it.

edit- these are my generalizations for white kids. im sure that kids from other ethniticies fall in and out of these perameters as well, but these are my generalizations

tbach24
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I understand if you don't like the plaid shorts and polos, but seriously, if you're defending those Urban Outfitters, Ashton Kutcher wannabe, trucker hat wearing faggots, you should seriously reconsider life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not defending them. I'm saying that they're not white trash clothing. They have become trendy.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. normal people wear clothes that aren't too tight, not too flamboyant, and are just normal. these people are generally cool. i think this is the largest group (thankfully)

[/ QUOTE ]

The oft-maligned minority. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B Dids
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Too many catagories.

There are three types of people.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what kind of music they listen to.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what type of job they have.

Other people.

I'm glad I'm in the third, wouldn't mind making enough where I could be in the second, and would kill myself if I was in the first.

oddjob
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay let me explain this:

There are 5 different types of white poeple in the 16-22's

1. emo
2. metro/homosexual
3. punks
4. normal people
5. thugs (gangstas?)

1. emo people wear similar clothing to metro/homosexual, however they do their hair in different ways and are very pale and weigh 130 pounds
2. metro/homsexual people wear that sort of clothing, except they usually try to maintain good physique and they have really bad hair too, just different
3. punks wear gross looking clothing. they also have mohawks and stuff. i think they are something able to clash with emo, but not positive on that. these people are in the minority.
5. these people talk funny and care as much as metro/homosexuals about how they look, but it's different. for an example, look at a rapper.

i think that covers it.

edit- these are my generalizations for white kids. im sure that kids from other ethniticies fall in and out of these perameters as well, but these are my generalizations

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing a few, but as gay as all these groups are, the normal kids are the gayest, amd most uncool.

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not defending them. I'm saying that they're not white trash clothing. They have become trendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I just generally think of trendy, Von Dutch, Urban Outfitters types as white trash, just white trash with money.

Also, if they're trendy, I don't know anyone who thinks they're cool.

tbach24
Too many catagories.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what kind of music they listen to.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what type of job they have.

Other people.

I'm glad I'm in the third, wouldn't mind making enough where I could be in the second, and would kill myself if I was in the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just plain isn't true for the 16-22 age group. maybe it is. I hope not. My sample size may be insufficient.

oddjob
08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too many catagories.

Other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot

people who by the way they dress, you can tell they have or will date raped someone.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By "that sort of clothing," do you mean the plaid shorts and polo shorts, or the trucker hats and tight pants? Because metrosexuals definitely do NOT wear plaid.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 05:01 PM

you're missing a few, but as gay as all these groups are, the normal kids are the gayest, amd most uncool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Fair enough. I just generally think of trendy, Von Dutch, Urban Outfitters types as white trash, just white trash with money.

Also, if they're trendy, I don't know anyone who thinks they're cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, you're in the 20+ range, so I think by that point it fades out, but when I went to the mall, I still saw people who dressed like this.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

By "that sort of clothing," do you mean the plaid shorts and polo shorts, or the trucker hats and tight pants? Because metrosexuals definitely do NOT wear plaid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why he included that. The only time I see plaid shorts is on old people at the golf course. I also don't think (now that I actually think about it) that hats align with any group. I've seen those trucker hats on tons of people, and the flat rimmed fitted hat on a couple too.

Here is what I think of when I think of that sort of person here (http://www.expressfashion.com/collections/mens.jsp) The jeans need lots and lots of things in them that usually come from wearing them for a long time (like rips), but are there to be bought..

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IIRC, you're in the 20+ range, so I think by that point it fades out, but when I went to the mall, I still saw people who dressed like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm 20 on the dot, actually, and I'm in the plaid shorts and polo shirt wearing crowd, and I don't look well on trendwhores, because trendy, I am not, and I really don't like people I've met who are.

08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I dunno, ive had some success with the few ive started. maybe i got lucky

[ QUOTE ]
New posters really should have like 50 posts before they're allowed to start new threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

tbach24
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm 20 on the dot, actually, and I'm in the plaid shorts and polo shirt wearing crowd, and I don't look well on trendwhores, because trendy, I am not, and I really don't like people I've met who are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Do you wear those stupid ripped up jeans?

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 05:09 PM
a lot of people who wear polo shirts end up making themselves look like idiots, but that stlye of clothing is not inherently bad.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. Do you wear those stupid ripped up jeans?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm doing yardwork, that's about it. Usually I'll either wear straight legged jeans that don't have any tears in them or khakis. I wear a lot of khaki.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 05:11 PM
a lot of people who wear polo shirts end up making themselves look like idiots, but that stlye of clothing is not inherently bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

By polo shirt do you mean a shirt made by the polo company or the style with 2 buttons and a collar. I call that a polo but it may actually be a college shirt. I don't know.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the plaid shorts and polo shirt wearing crowd...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you a little young to be living in Del Boca Vista?

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's a style of clothing that generally looks best on clean cut, straight laced kids, and when club kids, or Gotti brother wannabes try to make it like a stylish thing, it just ruins it for the rest of us.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
polo shirts in general, the ones with the horse on them being an example.

most people wearing them try to look cool and end up making themselves look like tools.

i have a ton of polo shirts, no pink ones, and i pop my collar occaisionally. on some shirts the collar looks awful up, and on others it is fine. polo shirts are read dependent.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's a style of clothing that generally looks best on clean cut, straight laced kids, and when club kids, or Gotti brother wannabes try to make it like a stylish thing, it just ruins it for the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

end of thread. well put.

tbach24
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh. Most of my shirts that I just bought are polos (stupid rule about collars at my new school /images/graemlins/frown.gif) then because I just think it looks better and I hate buttons.

oddjob
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually the rest of the world thinks you ruined polo shirts for everyone else.

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By polo shirt do you mean a shirt made by the polo company or the style with 2 buttons and a collar. I call that a polo but it may actually be a college shirt. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 buttons, short sleeves and a collar. Granted, I've got a lot of polo shirts made by Polo (well, Ralph Lauren if you wanna get technical), but it's really all the same. Kind of like Kleenex or Xerox.

Eurotrash
08-29-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on some shirts the collar looks awful up, and on others it is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure that no matter what shirt it is, the collar up looks kind of gay.

unless you're PoBoy of course, then I could be convinced otherwise.

swede123
08-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Collar up works for me. Works defined as getting my wife to laugh at me and then telling me to flip down the collar before we go out in public.

Swede

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isn't what you were getting at, but I hate this shirt...

http://www.backstage-fashion.com/bob_marley_55i.jpg

astroglide
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i pop my collar occaisionally

[/ QUOTE ]

gay

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on some shirts the collar looks awful up, and on others it is fine.

[/ QUOTE ] i'm pretty sure that no matter what shirt it is, the collar up looks kind of gay.

unless you're PoBoy of course, then I could be convinced otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, one thing that I've seen a few times and really don't like is when people will put the collar up on a button down shirt, like a long-sleeved, button down shirt, or when they put the collar up on rugby shirts. I just don't think it's a good look.

And Euro, let's be serious, if he were me, he'd look good in anything.

08-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Polo collars should only be flipped up on a golf course, when it's either very windy or very sunny.

Inthacup
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
i'm pretty sure that no matter what shirt it is, the collar up looks kind of gay.

How about this guy?

http://home.comcast.net/~hn_cobra/megf2.JPG

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 06:13 PM
the popped collar and those lame sunglasses arent good.

08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Polo collars should only be flipped up on a golf course, when it's either very windy or very sunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

swede123
08-29-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not hip or with it, so maybe someone who is can answer. Those sunglasses are made for women, right?

Swede

08-29-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. its the clean cut straight laced kids who wear polo shirts with popped collars that ruined it for the rest of us. And polo shirts without the collar popped are fine. I just think that its really bonerish to do that, i cringe when i see it.

08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Collar shouldn't be flipped up. Person should buy a razor, or at least stand closer to the one they have, I seem to remember this being a picture of a 2+2 member, is it you? It's a nice shirt, don't flip the collar up.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I see rage when I see over tanned little douche bags with pink collars flipped up. I am a stylish guy, admittedly, I keep up with whats hawt. But this look just pisses me off to no end, because I know your personality before I meet you. This is comming from someone that admittedly owns a lot of things by banana, DandG, gucci etc.

Eurotrash
08-29-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How about this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, Lacoste is an OBVIOUS exception to this rule!

Buster - play on, playa!

08-29-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see rage when I see over tanned little douche bags with pink collars flipped up. I am a stylish guy, admittedly, I keep up with whats hawt. But this look just pisses me off to no end, because I know your personality before I meet you. This is comming from someone that admittedly owns a lot of things by banana, DandG, gucci etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely agree. I know a few people who somehow gain swagger and confidence with a popped collar.

And I worked at Banana this summer, so I'm an authority on this. I swear.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely agree. I know a few people who somehow gain swagger and confidence with a popped collar.

And I worked at Banana this summer, so I'm an authority on this. I swear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just something about the majority of guys that do it, that is whats wrong with it. I invented metro-sexual. Im claiming it now. I was 17 (23 now), when I started hanging out/letting them pick out clothes for me, my friends hot older sister (who is my best friend now). So I have no problem with it "being gay" to dress well, but the collared shirt is for complete douchebags.

08-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe im just pissed because girls (young'uns my age) love this douchy look.

08-29-2005, 06:32 PM
On the one hand, I want to start a movement of guys like us you know, people that realise how awful this is, that it's really an epidemic!

Then on the other hand I think, girls I like think guys that do that are idiots, so I should not alert those guys to that fact.

Also, people confuse wearing nice clothes with being gay, or a metro. These are two different things. But again, I'm not starting the movement, I sort of like that people don't realise it.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the one hand, I want to start a movement of guys like us you know, people that realise how awful this is, that it's really an epidemic!

Then on the other hand I think, girls I like think guys that do that are idiots, so I should not alert those guys to that fact.

Also, people confuse wearing nice clothes with being gay, or a metro. These are two different things. But again, I'm not starting the movement, I sort of like that people don't realise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, good point, I dont want to associate with any girl who likes that look anyways. Its ok to dress well if you ahve your own style, but none of these little pricks do.

B Dids
08-29-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, ive had some success with the few ive started. maybe i got lucky

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got lucky because for some reason OOT decided to have the same dumb conversation about this stupid stuff.

(and umm... I posted in it...)

rusty JEDI
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
She looks a lot like my avatar

rJ

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
If girls love it, it's clearly NOT a douchy look.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If girls love it, it's clearly NOT a douchy look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Yes it is.
Even IF girls like it, which NONE that have any worth do, it doesnt make it a good look.

Tron
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
Pink Polo shirts were the looks of Kanye West in Spring 2004 and frat boys in Fall 2004. Trucker hats were the looks of Ashton Kutcher and Paris Hilton in 2003. I'm pretty sure the only object on your list that is still somewhat cool is tight pants.

LAGmaniac
08-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Can't believe nobody's posted this (http://www.factualmaterial.com/douchebag.htm)yet
http://www.factualmaterial.com/douchebaginpink.jpg

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 10:48 PM
wristbands are incredibly annoying. also, that is the type of collar which should never be popped.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't believe nobody's posted this (http://www.factualmaterial.com/douchebag.htm)yet
http://www.factualmaterial.com/douchebaginpink.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is: EVERY guy who wears a popped up collar, is EXACTLY LIKE THIS GUY. Although, I think some pink shirts are acceptable, just not like this.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EVERY guy who wears a popped up collar, is EXACTLY LIKE THIS GUY.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i hadnt read your other posts, i would have assumed this was sarcastic. its a mind bogglingly stupid statement.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVERY guy who wears a popped up collar, is EXACTLY LIKE THIS GUY.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i hadnt read your other posts, i would have assumed this was sarcastic. its a mind bogglingly stupid statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that a stupid statement? Its easy to stereotype people by the way they dress, one of the generalizations, that I find are the most accurate.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 10:55 PM
because not every guy who wears a popped collar is like that, what part of that doesnt make sense to you?

thats the kind of collar which shouldnt ever be popped anyway.

mason55
08-29-2005, 10:58 PM
there are a few times where popping your collar is perfectly acceptable. at the club is not one of them.

on your boat in the hamptons is one of them.

STLantny
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because not every guy who wears a popped collar is like that, what part of that doesnt make sense to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in agreement with the fact, that, that collar should never be popped. But Im contending that 80% plus, of guys that wear a shirt in a similar fashion, are going to be a carbon copy of that guy.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in agreement with the fact, that, that collar should never be popped. But Im contending that 80% plus, of guys that wear a shirt in a similar fashion, are going to be a carbon copy of that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that is an accurate statement.

astroglide
08-30-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wristbands are incredibly annoying. also, that is the type of collar which should never be popped.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously dude, there is no collar in existence that should be popped. it is horrendously gay.

M2d
08-30-2005, 02:22 AM
reading through this thread leads me to one conclusion. white people need more things to think/talk about.

chuddo
08-30-2005, 02:29 AM
im going to have to agree with astroglide here.

voltron, if you can produce a picture of yourself with a popped collar where you do not look like a douche, then you win.

else, quit trying to defend your apparent gayness with claims about these mythical shirts that do not look gay with a popped collar. DNE

djj6835
08-30-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and i pop my collar occaisionally

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement right here means you are the last person who should be commenting on other people looking stupid in polos.

ChipWrecked
08-30-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm cracking up at the cowboy behind and to Oliver's left, who is pondering shoving Ollie's head into his giant Vols mug just for something to do.

ChipWrecked
08-30-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

How about this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks this guy's gf is out of his league?

(Hope this isn't you /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

chuddo
08-30-2005, 03:16 AM
that girl is 6.4

and 6.4's love chuds.

really though, decent and even actual very hot girls are with douches all the time. something that at first is hard to accept but a fact we must all deal with.

one of the most beautiful women i have seen lately was with a huge wigga-douche with a 'dirty teenage mustache'.

then again, i am sure if i were seen out with a ridulously attractive girl pretty much everyone would go "look at this little bitch. why is she with that twat?". it is the way it is.

anway, im still waiting for voltron's "non-gay popped collar shirt" evidence.

Inthacup
08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
For those of you who are wondering if this is me, I got this pic from a thread BusterStacks started a while back.

ChoicestHops
08-30-2005, 06:28 PM
She looks good but she's not super hot or anything.

PorscheNGuns
08-30-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reading through this thread leads me to one conclusion. white people have more money

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ChipWrecked
08-31-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She looks good but she's not super hot or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that we're clear of my man Inthacup, who I didn't think was in that pic anyway, but didn't want to offend *choke* *cough*:

She doesn't have to be super hot to be out of this douche nozzle's league.