PDA

View Full Version : Nuts, All in OR value bet? General Q

Luckyz
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
At small stakes NL
when u have the nuts
is it better to always go all in or value bet, if both stacks are 100xBB and the pot is bigger than avr like 30-40xBB?
for me, it seems that I make more by overbetting the pot and go all in, the fishes think that I bluff, or they have 2pair or better and will call

PoBoy321
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM
It depends, mainly on your perception of the strength of your opponent's hand. If he has a strong hand, push, weak hand, value bet.

08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
It def depends IMO on what you think your opponent has. If youve been playing loosely tho a push might be best becos they may think your bluffing.

LetYouDown
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
When I played NL $50 on Party, I used the massive overbet every time I had the nuts or was convinced I had the best hand. I was paid off by TPTK more than I can count. I bet out every time I flopped a monster. This doesn't work nearly as well at higher stakes games...but can still be a useful tool. If I'm playing anything $100 NL or under, I'm pushing anytime I'm 95+% sure I have the best hand.

kongo_totte
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM
As other have stated, it depends on what you think your opponent is holding. It also depends on pretty much ecerything else. Board texture, type of opponent, previous action. Basically, it depends on everything. In general, I VB mopre often than I over bet.

LetYouDown
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I'll agree that you need to consider your opponent's likely holdings before you overbet. But at the lower limits, a lot of players just don't have it in them to lay down top pair or a draw. If you'll get a $5 bet called 100% of the time, you only need to get a $51 bet called 10% of the time to make it more profitable. I also get called down sometimes by hands that might fold to a $5 bet because they're convinced you're value betting, but they want to see your cards so badly when you overbet, that they get so suspicious that they'll call. It tends to work very well at a table of calling stations, or people that just don't like to be bluffed.