PDA

View Full Version : $6-12 Mirage hand

Clarkmeister
04-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Poster rharless was in town and I met her and played some $6-12 at the Mirage. I thought this hand was interesting.

10 handed, rharless on my immediate right. I am UTG+3 (or 4 off the button). The dealer accidentally exposes the Ad and it is the burn. There is also a poster in the cutoff. I have a pretty tight image going on and have only shown down one hand (KK).

Loose straightforward fish limps UTG+1. I raise with KdJs. Folded to BB who calls, fish calls.

Flop comes A66. Checked to me, I bet, they both fold.

Mike Gallo
04-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Clark,

Well done. I often make plays like that. Some nights I make more money from my bluffs than my legitamite hands.

Your opponents obviously didnt have any part of the flop, you bet and won the pot. You made the correct read, acted accordingly and won. Thats the difference between levels of talent.

The Mets still suck. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

RockLobster
04-13-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi Clarky--

Do you think this would have played any differently without the burned ace? I'm not sure if I see the relevance...
1. You know there's less chance of them having an ace.
2. They know that there's less chance of YOU having an ace, but you're telling them you've got one anyway, and they believe you.

Did the burn make much of a difference? I think your tight image alone would have won this one for ya...

TimTimSalabim
04-13-2003, 02:18 PM
With a flop like that, you probably had the best hand anyway. But it's a good place to bet, you don't want anyone to get a free card.

elysium
04-13-2003, 11:44 PM
hi clark
did knowing that an A was out of the deck lead you to bet out (which you may have done anyway) or was it that your opponents knew that you knew the A was out, and therefore they couldn't represent it?

Punker
04-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I like your open raise. If you'd had KJs I would have just called.

I suspect strongly that you had the best hand and missed a chance to slowplay!

Bob T.
04-14-2003, 12:34 AM
You may have been betting the best hand, you never know. Probably a good fold on their part.

I suspect that you weren't playing against the same cast of characters that I played against today. They would have called to see the turn, and then again to check up on you on the river.

Rube
04-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I'd have to feel real good about my chances at getting it heads up to raise preflop with KJo in middle position with a late poster behind. The poster, blinds, and the rest of the players behind me would all have to be pretty tight (or REALLY respect my raises) to get me to make this play.

Late position posters don't fold to raises very often in the low limit games I play in, and I don't really want to play this hand with a player or two behind me and a couple in front of me.