PDA

View Full Version : I must have been dreaming

slavic
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Here I am on the dream table. I mean dream table, so dreamy I’m wondering if Paul Anka is going to roll out into my bonus room and fire up a quick number while the Soda Jerk creates a cherry soda for me and my poker table. People are chasing, people are limping people are cold calling, things are just in tune.

9 handed 15/30 game and there are 3 limpers to me in MP and I limp along in the limping party with A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif, it continues to limp in tune all the way to the button who of course raises, how can we blame him really? He’s a bit laggy but I would have raised there, so I’m certainly not upset about it. The blinds call and the rest of the field calls. 8 of us take the flop.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Ahh I knew I was in tune with this table. Paulie is really in tune now, he’s got the beat baby. Hmmm how to play this, I really can’t count on the A/images/graemlins/club.gif to help because I hold that, maybe the Q will but he’d have to be a donk. Oh well let’s see.

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 3-bets, MP2 folds, I smooth call, CO caps, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, I call.

Hmm that went well. Obviously I need not worry about action.

Turn: (20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (perfect) Oh the sweat music is going on, the bud girls have just stopped by to drizzle caramel syrup all over my Ice cream Sunday. Ooops some spilled, how cute.

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, now normally I would check here and let the CO capper bump it up but, he’s short less than half the bet so I let him make the raise I kill the round so I raise, CO calls $36 (All-In), SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 calls, I cap, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (41.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 players, 1 all-in)

BALLS, BALLS I say, Paulie hits an off note, shatters the soda, Ice cream all over my keyboard. The smell of Ozone permeates the air. The bud girls took my dog as the exited the door. The dog seemed not to mind and I think he stuck out his tongue at me as he left. Bastard.

3 checks to MP1 who bets and it’s all over. Easy muck, no?

hobbsmann
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
There is no way I fold this now. I imagine MP1 turns over KJo way too often. Quad 9s is the only reasonable hand I can see MP1 having that is beating you (He probably raises JJ/KK preflop and doesn't 3-bet 77 on the flop). Raising the river might not even be spewing in this situation.

08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
41 BB! Against a table full of bad players, no way.

peterchi
08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Easy muck, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

...am I missing something?

08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
P
O
T

S
I
Z
E

callmedonnie
08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I am in the habit of spending a single bet here pretty much always.

jskills
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM
That paired board blows goats for sure. But are you 40 to 1 sure that you're beaten? I think the $1,200 pot is worth a $30 call no?

The way you describe the table, you might be up against KJ or MP1 may have even flopped a straight with QT.

I'd personally need to call this.

chief444
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I think you'll see Q8 clubs, 78 clubs or a few others often enough that you really can't fold here. Obviously you're not winning often. But there's over 42 BB's in the pot.

bobbyi
08-29-2005, 05:45 PM
How would you feel about three-betting preflop when the action gets back to you? If we're going to the flop eight ways and I have a suited ace, this looks like a good time to try to build a pot.

08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
He also might bet trip nines.

You have GOT TO call this down, even a pot half or less than half this large.

Student Caine
08-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I am as weak-tight as they come and there is no way that I fold this...not with a pot this size and players this bad - even if the River caps you are still getting like 14:1 on your 4 bets.

I hope that you did not muck this. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SmileyEH
08-29-2005, 05:54 PM
This is a joke right?

-smileyEH

PITTM
08-29-2005, 06:04 PM
if i mucked this and lost i would (ys)sckm.

rj

08-29-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy muck, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was so entertained by this hand/story until this line.

PSW
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
troll...

PITTM
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
me? errr. no.

rj

slavic
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you feel about three-betting preflop when the action gets back to you? If we're going to the flop eight ways and I have a suited ace, this looks like a good time to try to build a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mathmatically I think your absolutly right. If we give the raiser a suitable group of hands that raise on the button here he holds a decent equity edge over us but we still hold an equity advantage versus our fair share and putting in more money does not cost us anything. Capping it looks like it brings me an extra $3 or so on average, if I tighten the raiser up a decent bit it becomes much worse. In this case the preflop raiser claimed ot have AA and I would have been a horrid dog. (I have a hard time believing him btw)

In general we take advantage of the little edges (or slight disadvnatages)preflop to encourage calling postflop. As it turns out this game was marked by people who call too much and go too far anyway, so that job is done. The money in the hand will mostly be made postflop.

Now is giving up 1/10 of a BB preflop a good play? If giving it up now allows me more than that postflop, yes, but in this case I doubt it would. We would increase the size of the pot significantly such that few mistakes could occure postflop, includiing us calling many bets with a bad dog.

I guess I'll go back and reread TOP a few more times.

slavic
08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i mucked this and lost i would (ys)sckm.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you are trying to say, is if I folded and would have won, I would go do whatever all those funny little characters mean. I must admit I have never funny little charactered before, I'm not even really sure what a funny little character thingy might be.

So let's say you called and then got to pay quite a bit more on your rationalized installment plan on the river, how do you feel then? What do the funny little characters mean at that point?

Sarge85
08-29-2005, 07:45 PM
For Metagame reasons I call this bet and win.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

slavic
08-29-2005, 10:09 PM
so I call because I couldn't sleep if I didn't the rest of the field calls.

46+BB
very interesting array of hands.

3 made flushes 2 straights and the winner had k9o
Everyone except for the k9o hand was drawing dead, but they were all more upset than I was. I really enjoyed this hand in kind of a masochistic way. Like I said it was an incredible table.