PDA

View Full Version : A4s Buyout

08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
UTG+1 (1503) 15 9.6 23.3 af2.4
MP1 (20) 10 0 0 af0
SB (155) 15.5 5.8 39.4 af0.9

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, SB calls.
<font color="blue"> I hope I applied this correctly, b/c buying my A was the reason I raised. </font>

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.
<font color="blue"> I felt like following through with a bet would be good. Thought there might be a small chance of having the best hand &amp;/or folding a 6. </font>

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero's move.
<font color="blue"> I'm not sure I like how I played it here, but I didn't know whether I was to b/f or b/c this hoping to fold a 9 or to c/c.</font>

imported_CaseClosed326
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I check, if MP bets and SB folds I call. If MP bets and SB calls I fold.

krishanleong
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check, if MP bets and SB folds I call. If MP bets and SB calls I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's HU

Krishan

hobbsmann
08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Since your turn bet wasn't raised this guy is

a) too passive to raise the turn with hand that contains a 9 and will probably call a river bet, but probably won't raise with a hand less than two pair or a Q

b) has a mediocre pair and might fold to a river bet enough to make a bet profitable

c) has a draw and is folding the river

I feel like a bet on this river is going to be as a bluff being that he will fold his missed draws and will call with pairs that are beating yours. The question then becomes does he fold a 6 enough to make a bet profitable. I also really don't think check/folding this river is really that bad.

Edit: (just reread action) Oh he might call with a 3 so a river bet will be for a value some of the time. I'm still torn on whether betting or c/f'ing is best.

gh9801
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
It looks like villain has a mediocre pair (9s, 6s, pocket pair) or a busted draw (either 78 or flush draw)

With the pot this size and knowing this is 2/4, I doubt a pair would fold in this spot. I'd check/call. I think Hero can induce a bluff a fair enough of the time. Betting doesn't seem to make sense because all pair hands call anyways

peterchi
08-29-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting doesn't seem to make sense because all pair hands call anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, even though they're definitely calling, a 9 or a 6 might not even bet when you check to them. So you might save one when you're behind.

So I too like a check-call.

thejameser
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
if you are going to check/call i bet out as i think he may fold a six here enough to be profitable, of course fold to a raise. ideally i would like a free showdown(check through)if i did not think betting would give me any fold equity.