PDA

View Full Version : was i a bit out of line here?

PITTM
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM
i was playing 2-100 spread at ocean view cardroom. blinds 1-2. utg raised to 8, Mp pushes, folded to utg who asks for a chip count. dealer counts and tells him the total amount: 93. he asks how much more. dealer says "its 93 total" kid askes again. dealer says "93 total" i say "85 more to you" to the guy since he is right across from me. kid asks the dealer again, dealer points to me and says "he seems to have all the answers, why dont you ask him?" i mean, i wasnt in the pot, but the kid asked the dealer the same question twice and the dealer didnt even attempt to answer and i thought his remark was a bit uncalled for, but i didnt say anything since i didnt really have a right to say anything since i wasnt in the hand. but it was a time game and i kind of wanted it to move along. what do you think?

rj

fundmyhabit
08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I would have said the same thing.

MediaPA
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Just accept that the dealer can subtract and had his pride hurt. Obviously, tone could have something to do with the dealer being pissy, but that can't be portrayed well here.

Toro
08-29-2005, 03:11 PM
You weren't out of line at all, imo but the dealer was downright rude.

DeuceKicker
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but i didnt say anything since i didnt really have a right to say anything since i wasnt in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with it. The dealer tried to answer the guy's question twice and couldn't manage it (though if they guy couldn't figure it out...)

The times you 'have no right to say anything' because you're not in the pot is when someone is misreading the board or making some other mistake that is their responsibility. You were simply helping move the game along rather than let the two of them hone their Abbot & Costello routine.

Lottery Larry
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
The dealer was an ass.

As a partial hijack- what is the points of a $2-100 spread NL game? Just to cap the cost a bit?

PITTM
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
city law caps betting at 100 dollars a round.

rj

canis582
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
If I was playing in a low limit game with a time charge, i'd wear a hat that says 'while we're young'

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer was an ass.

As a partial hijack- what is the points of a $2-100 spread NL game? Just to cap the cost a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a state law where you can't bet more than X amount during a single wager.