PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back to It

Barry
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I have been away for a week and a half sailing around Maine and have just come back. Just wondering about my PF and line in general.

Party 30/60, pretty decent game in general.

2+2'er raises UTG, next 2 call, including one that is the main reason I'm in the game. I call from the CO with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, button calls as do both blinds. I told you it was a good game. 7 to the flop and 14 SB's.

Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to 2+2'er who bets, 1 fold, fish calls, I call, button raises, SB folds, BB calls, 2+2'er 3 bets, fish calls, I 4 bet and they all call. Still 5 players and 16 BB's in the pot.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to button who bets, BB and 2+2'er fold, fish calls, I call.

River is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Fish checks, I bet, button calls, fish folds.

DeezNutz3
08-29-2005, 01:36 PM
I like it

ggbman
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I think it's generally fine. I would like to hear you rational for the flop cap though. It worked out since everyone tagged along, but you don't want to shut people out of the pot since you are almost never winning this without showdown. By representing a set, you might lose two of the guys who might pay off bets with weaker hands when the flush hits. Just a little thought...

Gabe

Barry
08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
It's purely for value. I don't think that the button or SB is going to fold here for 2 more bets, nor will the 2+2'er or fish. I was a little worried that the BB might have a better flush draw, but I figured that I would cross that bridge when I got to it.

ggbman
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
In that case I like it.

ihardlyknowher
08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been away for a week and a half sailing around Maine and have just come back. Just wondering about my PF and line in general.

2+2'er raises UTG, next 2 call, including one that is the main reason I'm in the game. I call from the CO with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, button calls as do both blinds. I told you it was a good game. 7 to the flop and 14 SB's.

Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to 2+2'er who bets, 1 fold, fish calls, I call, button raises, SB folds, BB calls, 2+2'er 3 bets, fish calls, I 4 bet and they all call. Still 5 players and 16 BB's in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone like trying for a c/r on this river?

ggbman
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Eh, not really, it's hard for him to think no one was on diamonds after that flop action.

bicyclekick
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't like your 4 bet on the flop. partly cause it makes hand reading easier and partly because you only have 8 high diamonds.

Just call the 3 bet. You're outplaying yourself.

Philuva
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
easy river CR.

08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your 4 bet on the flop. partly cause it makes hand reading easier and partly because you only have 8 high diamonds.

Just call the 3 bet. You're outplaying yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's a 2-1 underdog to hit his flush, and hes gettin 4-1 on his cap. This is a very easy cap for value. If he had 3d2d, it would also be correct for him to cap here. The higher flush isnt always out, and getting 4-1 on his cap when hes only a 2-1 underdog more than makes up for the times he runs into the higher flush. As far as making your hand easier to read or not, thats debatable. But even if that were true, who cares? This pot is huge!! Deception has little value since youre gonna get called more often than normal when you do hit your hand since people will not want to lay down any hand that has a chance of winning this big pot.

Barry
08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easy river CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. Doesn't my flop and turn action scream diamond draw as BK suggests? I've got nearly 100% chance that the button will call the river with his 3 Q's but more than likely will check behind with them.

If he's got a FH he'll bet and 3-bet my c/r.

08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is marginal at best, but once the button calls and the blinds call, I love your situation. Postflop you played this hand perfectly on every street.

08-29-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy river CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. Doesn't my flop and turn action scream diamond draw as BK suggests? I've got nearly 100% chance that the button will call the river with his 3 Q's but more than likely will check behind with them.

If he's got a FH he'll bet and 3-bet my c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone who even considers getting fancy on the river and going for a checkraise should read above reasoning. Going for a river checkraise would be terrible poker for reasons already stated by Barry.