PDA

View Full Version : Pumping up the draw and redraw

Ulysses
04-13-2003, 05:02 AM
3 limpers to me in CO w/ A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif. I limp. Button limps. Blinds call. 7 of us see the flop.

Flop 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to me. I bet. Button raises. 2 limpers cold-call. I 3-bet. Everyone calls.

Turn 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif (3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif)

Checked to me. I bet. Button calls. UTG now raises. I 3-bet. Button folds. UTG calls.

River K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif (7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif)

UTG bets. I call.

Thoughts?

PokerPrince
04-13-2003, 05:42 AM
Perfectly played on all streets. Split pot?

PokerPrince

Ulysses
04-13-2003, 06:03 AM
UTG took it down w/ 85o. Nice open. Sick. I guess he saved me a couple of bets on the turn.

gavrilo
04-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Wow.. your hand looks wonderful on the flop, lots of outs, plus an ace.. but i wouldn't count those as outs.. might have bigger ace out there. think you played it perfect, just very unlucky
58o utg.. shouldn't be too hard to get your money back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

bernie
04-13-2003, 12:25 PM
raise the river. UTG had a better hand hed have raised the turn again. im thinking, at most he has 55. would be play 58s from UTG?

im also thinking he may have a set and isnt putting you on a str8, but a nut flush draw, and thinks you missed. and thinks he's betting his set for value here. would he cold call the flop with a running flush and 2 overcards? then bet the turn? it looks like a slowplayed set to me.

if he called the flop, with a runner, he lost abit of cash longrunwise

other than that, you played fantastic.

but raise the river. unless you know this players bet standards very well on a board like this. meaning, very predictable.

b

bernie
04-13-2003, 12:28 PM
you lost but made money on the hand compared to how he played it post flop with (hopefully) how you wouldve played it.

gotta love this player in the game (of course, it is only 1 hand. but if you see him play this loose a few more times, on top of his terrible post flop play, smile. you have a prime player on your table)

b

Ulysses
04-13-2003, 04:29 PM
raise the river. UTG had a better hand hed have raised the turn again. im thinking, at most he has 55. would be play 58s from UTG?

I expected to see something like 56 from UTG. I was sure it was going to be a split pot, with a tiny chance that he had 85s for the bigger straight. I'm almost positive it's a split, though, since 85 would re-pop me on the turn.

I think raising the river is bad advice here. If he is somehow in there w/ 85 he'll 3-bet me and I will have to call in this game, because any 5 could definitely 3-bet me in this spot.

The turn was 3-bet with a 4-straight on the board. Now, I'm bet into. Do you really think a set is going to bet into me in that situation and call a raise on the river?

elysium
04-13-2003, 04:41 PM
hi ulysses
wow.

bernie
04-13-2003, 06:52 PM
since he didnt raise you on the turn, id be willing to raise the river. that's why i would. would a set bet here? yes. if he has top set on the flop he might. after all, this player played 85o right? however, that doesnt pertain to his bet standards, but can point you in a direction.

if i think the pot will be split, i will raise it. just in case a worse hand is actually in there and he thinks your pulling a move. if he raises, you call.

im not often going to put an UTG, even a fish UTG on 85 here. more power to him. any chips i lose ill likely get back later in the session. im not into fear of a better hand mode yet just because he bet the river.

and im not going to change it because i know the results. if i knew this players bet tendency more, THEN i may just call the river. but since i dont, ill raise him

b

Ulysses
04-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Fair enough. You're definitely right that there's no reason to be afraid of 85, especially after no re-raise on the turn.

However, when comparing the slim chance that he is betting out w/ a weaker hand than mine and will call a raise to the slim chance that he has 85 and tried to be sneaky on the turn, I thought the latter was slightly more likely and significantly more expensive to me, hence the call.

astroglide
04-13-2003, 08:42 PM
i agree with your call and your rationale

Lee Jones
04-14-2003, 02:59 PM

astroglide
04-14-2003, 03:05 PM
i lost a hand recently with 77 too. terrible utg limps, i raise in the cutoff w/77, sb 3bets, we all call. flop 764 rainbow. he bets, i raise, sb calls, he 3bets, i cap, sb folds. turn is a full rainbow deuce, he bets, i raise, he 3bets, and i take a good look into those absolutely vacant asian eyes of his and simply know he has 58. i call and call the river just to confirm it. this woulda been capped all the way up online.

i don't see any point for you to raise the river.