PDA

View Full Version : Out of the red.

stupidsucker
08-29-2005, 01:02 PM
As many of you know I had hit a pretty deep slump.
Today marks a big day!

In late may I took a hit at the 55s losing 1k. Since then I dropped to the 22s, then the 11s, back to the 22s and back to the 11s... I have finally broken free from the hole I dug.

My last 100+ have been fair to me and my last 16 have been hot.

I am now up $12 since 5/21.
<font color="white">I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration </font>

flytrap
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Losing 1k at the 55s isn't that bad. Heck, it's not even 20 buy-ins. Sounds like you moved up a little fast if you were worried about a 1k downswing at the 55s. Perhaps your bankroll wasn't healthy enough for that level. Nice job turning it around, however. You should probably stay down there for a while, until you have a more than adequate bankroll to move up again.

citanul
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
congrats, on 8/26, i finally broke above where i was on 7/26 for the first time! solidarity hug.

citanul

45suited
08-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Congrats, I think that by PM'ing you, your broken luckbox was transmitted to me via the internet.

I just had my first losing 20 game stretch on the 11s over my last 400 games. (Luckbox was goot before that. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

I'm down a whopping $50 over my last 40 games. I blame you for this! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ixnert
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Congrats, it's a great feeling. Just last night almost finished climbing out from a 2-day, 45-buyin cooler I had a couple weeks ago, been running white-hot for the last few days, now down $12 since 8/12...

SuitedSixes
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am now up $12 since 5/21.
<font color="white">I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should go pro . . . I kid only because I can sympathize with the uncertainty of it all.

HighestCard
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to thank Jessica Alba for her desktop inspiration

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try sneaking that in there, but I could see how that is a good inspiration grinding out at the 11's, and finally getting up 12 dollars since may.

But now you must post the pic like Yugo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stupidsucker
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Losing 1k at the 55s isn't that bad. Heck, it's not even 20 buy-ins. Sounds like you moved up a little fast if you were worried about a 1k downswing at the 55s. Perhaps your bankroll wasn't healthy enough for that level. Nice job turning it around, however. You should probably stay down there for a while, until you have a more than adequate bankroll to move up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reasonable assumption, but only half true.

I wasnt worried about a 1k downswing,
but thern I went on vacation
spent half my bankroll.

so I moved down to the 22s.

22s went poorly so I got stuck. I am aware that 20 buys at the 55s is no big deal. I had over a 5k BR when I was playing the 55s.

SuitedSixes
08-29-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But now you must post the pic like Yugo. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else get a little creeped out by Yugo's girl posts; knowing that they have probably already been "used?"

The Yugoslavian
08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

http://www.beautyhq.net/jessica_alba/jessica_alba026.jpg

Yugoslav

HighestCard
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Yugo, that one was in record time.

Do you have some 6th sense that alerts you to a request on this forum?

SuitedSixes
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
To make me feel more clean about your hot chick posts, in the future could you put how many times you have spanked it to each particular picture? For example, do something like this:

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (17)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yugoslavian
08-29-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To make me feel more clean about your hot chick posts, in the future could you put how many times you have spanked it to each particular picture? For example, do something like this:

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (0)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I post pure, unadulterated pics! These are meant for exquisite aesthetic enjoyment and profound inspiration to attain a similar modicum of perfection.

The nerve some people have! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav
Who 'spanks' it to his own, private, not suitable for 2+2, stash, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

AliasMrJones
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
I hit an 18 buy-in downswing about a month ago that was very hard to take, especially because it was soon after moving up to the $55's from the $33's so my 55 stats went into the toilet. But, I sucked it up and continued to push forward and had a mega-heater for the last month and am back on track. My thinking is, if you are a winning player at the higher level and are properly bankrolled it will take you much longer to win back your loss at a lower buy-in than at the original higher buy-in. So it is better to put the nose to the grindstone and ride it out at the higher buy-in than drop down unless your bankroll gets to a level that worries you or you don't think you're playing your best.

Did you drop down because of bankroll concerns?

Myst
08-29-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hit an 18 buy-in downswing about a month ago that was very hard to take, especially because it was soon after moving up to the $55's from the $33's so my 55 stats went into the toilet. But, I sucked it up and continued to push forward and had a mega-heater for the last month and am back on track. My thinking is, if you are a winning player at the higher level and are properly bankrolled it will take you much longer to win back your loss at a lower buy-in than at the original higher buy-in. So it is better to put the nose to the grindstone and ride it out at the higher buy-in than drop down unless your bankroll gets to a level that worries you or you don't think you're playing your best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

stupidsucker
08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Did you drop down because of bankroll concerns?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a hybrid.

I had 100 buys for the 55s, and I lost 20 of them...No big deal.

But then... I made some extra purchases outside my normal monthly expenses. I took money from the poker BR to compensate. I took time off from work and regular monthly expenses started to become a drain.

I no longer felt 100% safe at the 55s so I forced myself down to the 22s where I knew I would have trouble making back the 1k, but still I figured 2weeks tops.

I took more time off and things stayed even. Wasnt making money wasnt losing it. Then rent was due again.. BR goes down further. Now things are getting ugly. I go on tilt and remain on a cold run this escalates a problem that is already overwhelming. I franticaly try to plug holes in my game that arent there, and ignore the holes that are really there.

holes everywhere, confusion, tilt....

I fixed some things. I got some good advice, I got some bad advice. In the end it all comes down to confidence. I am feeling better now, but I admit that a cold run of cards now would shake my confidence. I am on pretty thin ice in the finace department, but I have been here before, and I will get out again.

I think I have learned my lesson.

Big Limpin'
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav (17)
Big Limpin' (1)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lacky
08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
I might as well hide my own bad beat tale here where it wont be noticed.

I played 3 quals saturday:

First one was for a $530 wcoop seat, paid 5 seats, I got 6th.

Second one was for a $2600 wcoop seat, paid 2 seats, I got 3rd.

Third one was the $17000 Bellagio qual on empire, paid one seat, I got 2nd.

I was my only day in poker that I almost cried /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve

PrayingMantis
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually cry. This is horrible. Lately I'm usually busting around final two tables on those quals, so I can go to sleep with a big smile on my face. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

hobbes9324
08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
This is mostly true - but I went thru a cold streak that was so brutal it was messing with my head. Dropped down for a bit, got my head right, and went back up. I'm sure it was psychological - but who cares?

stupidsucker
08-29-2005, 07:43 PM
up over $200 now!!!

omg have I actualy hit a heater??

Can it last before I crash ????
<font color="white">Have I jixed myself /images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

Slim Pickens
08-29-2005, 07:53 PM
It's good to hear you're back on the good side of life-variance. I didn't think you were running as bad as you said you were the whole time anyway. /images/graemlins/grin.gif You got fondled by models at the WSOP, and all I got was a bunch of flashing lights.

Why is it that getting a good beat followed by a suckout only leaves you even on the poker table, feeling OK but mostly unfulfilled, but the same two events with a hot chick makes for a great night?

johnnybeef
08-29-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator has been notified

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugo, you are killing a moment I am having at bignaturals.com currently.

KramerTM
08-29-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wrote you a check for $27 and mailed it to you.

God that's brutal.