PDA

View Full Version : So I'm finally moving up to NL50...some questions

SonOfWestwood
08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
So I've been nut peddling at NL25 for quite a while now. I struggled winning consistently for a while after PP changed it to 100 BB's. I'm winning at a rate of ~10 PTBB/100 now and, until recently, thought that wasn't "good enough" to move up. I saw all these posts of people beating NL25 at 15+ PTBB/100 and thought that I needed to at least be at that level before moving up. Some recent threads indicate otherwise, so I've decided to take a shot at PP's NL50's. I have the bankroll and time will tell if I can, psychologically, get over the double sized bets. So anyway, my questions (I play 10 max, BTW):

1. Value betting. At NL25, I can value bet almost without fear against the loose players, even on drawless boards. They'll call me down with pocket pairs, TPWK, and even middle pairs sometimes. Should I be more inclined to check behind on drawless boards, or boards where no draws hit by the river, now? At NL25 it seems that I'd get called enough by the aforementioned hands that it still made the bet +EV.

2. More deceptive pre-flop play. My raising hands are pretty straight forward, especially in EP and MP. I won't raise things like SC's and middle pocket pairs to "mix it up" unless it's MP2, CO, or BN. Do I need to raise with SC's and pocket pairs (and possibly other hands) once in a while now in EP and MP?

3. Any other general things you think I should be looking out for?

Thanks a bunch for any thoughts.

DoomSlice
08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Not much of a difference in player caliber. Preflop they may play a bit tighter but postflop there are still plenty of fishies.

TheWorstPlayer
08-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Play exactly the same. 10PTBB/100 is great.

yvesaint
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
The big blind is .50, the small blind is .25, oh, and you can buy-in for a max of $50.

LetYouDown
08-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Don't change anything other than proportional bet sizes. $50 NL is just as beatable as $25 NL. Use massive overbets a fair amount, they tend to get paid off pretty well.