PDA

View Full Version : One night stand has me flipping out...

AZK
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
So, not normally a one-night stand type of person, had a few drinks one thing leads to another, we have sex, I used a condom. Assume this girl does this A LOT, I will never see her again, I got tested last week and I'm waiting for the results. Should I be flipping out? I am.

utmt40
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
You'll be fine man just chill.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Get your will updated as soon as possible.

IndieMatty
This is a joke right?

No worries man. You had sex. It happens.

Sponger15SB
You're dead. I'd kill yourself now so you don't feel the pain of your insides melting as you go blind.

xadrez
08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we have sex, I used a condom

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre fine, dont worry

AZK
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
No this isn't a joke. Yes, I know I am a tool. I was fine until I started talking to one of my "straight" edge friends who told me he'd be going nuts since nothing is 100%... I know I know....

steelcmg
08-29-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No this isn't a joke. Yes, I know I am a tool. I was fine until I started talking to one of my "straight" edge friends who told me he'd be going nuts since nothing is 100%... I know I know....

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont listen to straight edge people they are fcuking lame.

miajag81
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Was she hot? If so, then she was probably disease-free. Only ugly chicks have STDs.

imported_The Vibesman
08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I really don't even know how you still have the strength to post.

swede123
08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was she hot? If so, then she was probably disease-free. Only ugly chicks have STDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And sailors. They go port to port, you know.

Swede

Shajen
08-29-2005, 12:53 PM
the filthy buggers.

peachy
08-29-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is SO not true

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, you really can't know for sure for about 6 months. I don't think your test the day after is going to be any good. You better start laying awake at night and think about what you've done.

mslif
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
You used a condom, you should be fine. Just be aware that you can catch some STDs while using a condom (i.e. Herpes).

Shajen
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Call everyone you've ever had sex with and find out if they've ever had an STD. If they have, chances are you have it too.

Build your tree.

AZK
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
It happened a few months ago, I got tested this week. Doctor said you should still have a 3 month wait period since HIV takes that long to incubate. Fun stuff.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It happened a few months ago, I got tested this week. Doctor said you should still have a 3 month wait period since HIV takes that long to incubate. Fun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a few months ago? Have you been worried about it all this time? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AZK
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Yes. Finally had the sack to post it on an internet msg board and ask the advice/insight of people I don't know.

Indiana
08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Ur good, condoms are very effective and you would already know if it broke...So chill

Indy

LethalRose
08-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Am I the only person on earth who hasnt had a one night stand with a complete stranger?

not to flip you out but I think its crazy and not worth it in the long run. Stick to ex's amd girls you know are clean via their ex bf's.

lu_hawk
08-29-2005, 01:10 PM
is there a point to this post other than to let everyone know you had a one night stand? you had sex, you used a condom. there is a small % chance that she has an STD, there is an extremely small % chance that you will get it even while using a condom. small % * extremely small % = don't worry.

tolbiny
08-29-2005, 01:15 PM
When i was 18 i hooked up very very drunkenly with some girl in the wee hours of the morning, i def got a BJ but i was unsure of how much farther it went due to the roving blackouts that occured that night. The next day i was sore with some discouloration and some flaking skin so naturally i was ready to freak out- and made an appointment for monday morning (this was sun morning) to see a doc. He inspected it, grinned, patted me on my back and said "next time tell her not to use her teeth so much".

miajag81
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person on earth who hasnt had a one night stand with a complete stranger?

not to flip you out but I think its crazy and not worth it in the long run. Stick to ex's amd girls you know are clean via their ex bf's.

[/ QUOTE ]

nit.

Stuey
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is SO not true

[/ QUOTE ]

The op you quoted was joking but you know this is So not true because?

1. You are hot and have STD's?
2. You are not hot and don't have STD's?
3. You have had sex with many girls and have caught STD's from hot and not hot ones?
4. You were joking also and I should just lay of my lady hating here. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you want a new avatar? its my new thing atm

Edit: To the OP find that girl! Take her on 5 dates and only hold her hand. Then let her meet your parents then have sex with her one more time. Then you should be safe. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tpir90036
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering exactly what you meant... but then i read this post. If you SIIHP sans condom I could understand being freaked out. However, you do realize how unlikely it is for a guy to recieve HIV from a girl with standard SIIHC + rubber, don't you?

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had a one night stand, but I don't think its crazy and not worth it. If you use a condom you're going to be fine.

AZK
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
OK, would your opinions change if she was hooker?

It's a long story, just work with what you've got.

DarkForceRising
08-29-2005, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. That kinda stuff only happens to other people.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hookers are proffesionals. They know how to not get STDs.

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she a skanky street walker? I mean I still wouldn't be worried if I used a condom.

Stuey
08-29-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you ate at the Y on a pro? /images/graemlins/blush.gif Yep that is drunk. Can't catch hiv that way unless your the unluckest bro in history. You might get a nasty scab or wart just don't pick at it k. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tell us the whole story I'm dieing here.

TheBlueMonster
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing is 100%...

[/ QUOTE ]
if you've ever seen that Friends episode (which is one of the only ones I've seen) when Rachel tells Ross she is pregnant, you should know that condoms are only 97% effective.

I really don't like that show.

Apathy
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm curious.

If you tell us you won't get Aids

Shajen
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't catch hiv that way unless your the unluckest bro in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's Little John at when you need him.

WHAT??!!!???

shant
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Your problem was talking to someone who is straight-edge about this.

lighterjobs
people are always scared after they have sex for the first time. you'll be fine.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Your problem was talking to someone who is straight-edge about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey
08-29-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't catch hiv that way unless your the unluckest bro in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's Little John at when you need him.

WHAT??!!!???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I didn't make much sense there but I don't want to come out and say it as I am only joking. It is not important and I disgust myself today I think I need to stop posting for the day. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheWorstPlayer
08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people are always scared after they have sex for the first time. you'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
If his first time was a 'one night stand' with a hooker, we definitely need the story. If it wasn't his first time...we definitely need the story.

PITTM
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your problem was talking to someone who is straight-edge about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i still have the x in my screenname from 3 years ago. at least i dont have any tattoos /images/graemlins/frown.gif. stupid youth...

rj

djoyce003
08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
doesn't it take like 6 months at least for the HIV virus to show up enough in a test? Not sure this test will be all that meaningful.

nothumb
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be banned from ever giving relationship advice. Please stick to poker.

NT

Miggo
08-29-2005, 02:26 PM
You should be fine. Don't worry about it. If you feel compelled to do something, you can copy and paste the following into an email, and forward it to all your friends, relatives, and co-workers...

To whom it may concern,

I got drunk and had protected sex with someone who does this alot. I don't mean to worry anyone, but I went and got tested, and it probably wouldn't hurt if you did too.

Also if you know anyone who has sat on any of the same doorknobs as you, or handled any of the same toilet seats as you, ate using the same fork, thrown salt over the same shoulder, worn the same underwear, or have come in contact with anyone after you saw me last, I would send a copy of this email to them too.

So good luck to you, hoping our pee don't turn blue.

Love,

Me

But really man, don't worry until you have a reason to.

Slacker13
08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
I use to bartend for a living and was basically a male whore for 8 years. One night i did this girl, with NO condom. A few days later her Aunt comes to me and says, "I can't beleive you had sex with her, didn't you know her husband died of aids?"

I almost sh!t my pants right there. I was sick to my stomach for almost a year gettting tested every few months. Well it's been 10 years ago so I assume i am safe now but talk about a reality check.

At least you used a condom.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Wow. That's a helluva story. Scary [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
I use to bartend for a living and was basically a male whore for 8 years. One night i did this girl, with NO condom. A few days later her Aunt comes to me and says, "I can't beleive you had sex with her, didn't you know her husband died of aids?"

I almost sh!t my pants right there. I was sick to my stomach for almost a year gettting tested every few months. Well it's been 10 years ago so I assume i am safe now but talk about a reality check.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]is having sex with a hooker considered a one night stand? i thought guys like to consider it more of a 'business transaction.' anyway, you should be ok, as long as you havent had the condom sitting in your wallet or glove box slowly degrading for the past year...oh and i hope she didnt give you a BJ without a condom either...b/c you can still get a bunch of lovely STDs that way. You could, however, have contracted something like crabs...but i'm pretty sure you would have noticed those little suckers by now....

Alobar
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing is 100%...

[/ QUOTE ]
if you've ever seen that Friends episode (which is one of the only ones I've seen) when Rachel tells Ross she is pregnant, you should know that condoms are only 97% effective.

I really don't like that show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your post was a joke and all, but I figured id respond anyway, cuz I learned this the other day and found it interesting. The 97% that is quoted on things like condoms and birth control in terms of effectiveness isnt like odds of failure type thing. I.e. if you are wilt chamberlain and bang 30K women, due to sheer sample size you would eventually hit those 3% of the times where it failed, and voila, baby! Instead its like a statistic on the entire population. Like everyone who has sex and uses the pill or condom or whatever, of those, 3% will end up pregnant. This is according to my friend who works at a fertility clinic.

jokerthief
08-29-2005, 03:51 PM
You need more experience with frivolous sex.

Lawrence Ng
08-29-2005, 03:57 PM
If you used a condom and she did not perform bareback oral service on you, then you will very likely be fine. Relax.

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are a god.

Lawrence

J_V
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
This is not quite right. It is a % failure thing. It's just that the 3% failure rate is for couples that have regular sex for a year. 3% of them will get pregnant, as I understand it. Which makes me feel plenty safe.

B Dids
08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Even without a condom, it is very hard to get AIDS as a man with a woman. You basically need to have open sores on your penis. With a condom, you should relax and not let guilt drive you insane.

Nice to meet you in AC btw.

Al P
08-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I've bedded some super skanks who were just like hookers but didn't get paid. I have never ever used a condom with anyone and I'm fine (I think).

B Dids
08-29-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've bedded some super skanks who were just like hookers but didn't get paid. I have never ever used a condom with anyone and I'm fine (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

To summarize:

I am an idiot, a liar, and I would like attention.

Al P
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
None of the above except maybe the first.

08-29-2005, 05:11 PM
What's a condom?

smokingrobot
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
its natural to flip out.

you're probably looking online for symptoms of stds and being like "i have that!"

just calm down till the results come back in, im sure you're fine.

i had a similar experience. i slept with this girl and before i covered up, we were rubbing a bit and i thought for a second i might've slipped in so i stopped and threw on the jimmy hat.

i was on every symptom list website available freaking out for weeks. got tested, everythings fine.

masse75
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Did she leave a message written in lipstick on your bathroom mirror? No? You're okay.

fimbulwinter
08-29-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, not normally a one-night stand type of person, had a few drinks one thing leads to another, we have sex, I used a condom. Assume this girl does this A LOT, I will never see her again, I got tested last week and I'm waiting for the results. Should I be flipping out? I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

people do this kind of thing all the time without hats, so in that sense you shouldnt be flipping out.

however, im kind ofsurprised at this. finding nice girls and turning them bad is way better and its not close.

fim

PLOlover
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Just to let you know, nothing serious would show up for quite a while. HepC, HIV, that kind of stuff.

Slacker13
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you are a god.

[/ QUOTE ]

were not are. Unfortionately those days are over.

smokingrobot
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
just so you know, you're chances of contracting HIV w/o a hat is like 1 in 50.

also, there is a time period where HIV would not even show as positive on a test. i think its about a 15 to 30 day window period after it first gets in your blood stream.

there are tests you can get at a hospital (say a needle on the ground stuck your foot or something) that supposedly tell you right away.

they also have emergency drugs if you say worked in a hospital and had dangerous contact with an infected patient. ti think they load you up with whatever HIV suppressant drugs they have out there

AZK
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
the hiv thing is 3 months...

arod15
08-29-2005, 11:51 PM
No, ive had worse. Where the Condom broke. Then the girl asked me how many people i slept with i said 15 which was true at the time. She said "That's it, cant tell you how many i did then" And laughed. I felt my Penis falling off. But i was good. And it broke, you shouldnt worry til its done.

radek2166
08-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Damn ur a NIT. You will be fine.

tdarko
08-30-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even without a condom, it is very hard to get AIDS as a man with a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is true. plus you used protection, your cool man don't worry.

FWIW, i know guys in mexico that have knowingly [censored] chicks with HIV b/c they didn't care...year later they are disease free. still not something you want to do because [censored] a chick with HIV is like putting 3 bullets in the chamber and pulling the trigger instead of 1.

smokingrobot
08-30-2005, 01:13 AM
you'll be fine dude. dont get yourself all worked up (easier said than done i know).