PDA

View Full Version : 109 Bubble push or fold

inyaface
08-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Push this UTG or hope the SB pushes and loses
I think its super close obviously if the sb pushes and wins I'm all in with any 2 in my BB

***** Hand History for Game 2617935791 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee
Level:7 Blinds(150/300)
Table Table 35013 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: x281_3308004 ( $5235 )
Seat 2: HERO ( $770 )
Seat 4: bridgelady ( $3625 )
Seat 8: golfbuddy222 ( $370 )
Trny:15266915 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Ac Td ]

bluefeet
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
hmmmm, we had one of these a few weeks ago - fun stuff.

if memory serves, it went something like this:

-call t300
[if either big stack puts you all-in...]
- if shortie calls his last t70, you call the all-in
- if shortie doesn't call his last t70, you fold

you're hand is strong enough to take on shorties last t70. if a big stack slaps your min-call, you can fold and survive a big blind while shortie is all-in on the SB. if either big stack calls as well, shortie is looking at having to win outright 3-handed.

basically, you're not "all-in" unless you know shortie is - and if he is, you're taking AT to the party.

wookie
08-29-2005, 01:09 PM
at the 109s I seldom get such cooperation from the shorter stack when I am almost as short. this is a great hand to push, and you may get slightly more FE because they know you know you shouldn't be pushing without a real hand. you know? - w

flytrap
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
This is a very easy push. If you fold and shorty doubles up you'll be kicking yourself. If you get called and win, you have a real shot at first.

inyaface
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-call t300

you're hand is strong enough to take on shorties last t70. if a big stack slaps your min-call, you can fold and survive a big blind while shortie is all-in on the SB. if either big stack calls as well, shortie is looking at having to win outright 3-handed.

basically, you're not "all-in" unless you know shortie is - and if he is, you're taking AT to the party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool idea...I don't like the idea of being left with so few chips but I'm pretty sure that the BB would check it down most of the time. I might have played it this way if I did it again. I guess nobodys really saying folding is a good play here huh.

raptor517
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
call here 4tw. holla

The Yugoslavian
08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-call t300

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it to the motherf_____ house!! Da house!!! Take it to da HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Yugoslav
Who approves of the above analysis by Mr. Feet...

Myst
08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call here 4tw. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. If big stacks push, and BB folds, you fold, but still have a better position than before the hand started.

If big stack goes all in, and so does shorty, go all in as well, as pot odds are too enticing.

Mr_J
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM
"If you fold and shorty doubles up you'll be kicking yourself"

If you push and one of the other stacks calls, BB folds and then you lose, you'll be kicking yourself as well.

raptor517
08-29-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you push and one of the other stacks calls, BB folds and then you lose, you'll be kicking yourself as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why u call and fold if big stack pushes and bb folds. he has 70 chips at that point, and you can still eat a round of blinds so hell bust out before you. ship it holla

schwza
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why u call and fold if big stack pushes and bb folds. he has 70 chips at that point, and you can still eat a round of blinds so hell bust out before you. ship it holla

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that's crafty.

Mr_J
08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Well obviously you want him to gamble for his tourney before you do /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

inyaface
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that's crafty.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Thanks for the help guys. I think limping makes a ton of sense here.

If you pair the flop what would you do A HU with BB or B with SS all in

Chaostracize
08-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Won't gold have 220 left (if he folds) and then get the button on the next hand?? I'm so confused.