PDA

View Full Version : Sit&Go results...loosing

08-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi!

Unsure if this is the right place to post this, but I guess someone will move it if so...

I´ve played poker for 1 year now and I usually play sit&go tournaments for low buy-ins. Mostly because I like this form of tours and maybe also because I don´t do well in cashgames...;)

So far, I´ve always made a small profit over time and I´ve always felt confident. Until recently. About a month ago I suddenly started losing, and continued doing so. I know this is common and I know that this is nothing compared to what a lot of you have experienced. But maybe, as I´ve noticed that there are soo many nice people out there, someone can give me a few hints on what I may be doing wrong. I don´t feel like I´m playing worse than before, It feels like everyone else is playing better and I haven´t progressed at all.

Here´s some stats:
All are 10 persons sit&go and the figures are in Euros (€)
1 Euro ---> 1,2 Dollars
I´m aware that the ITM numbers are pretty good, and normaly I would be fine with them, the thing is that for the last 1,5 months these ITM numbers are about 1/5 of what you see below. The only one I´m still doing well in is the 3€. Should I focus on that one until my confidence is back or what? When I look at my stats I can see that my 5th and 6th finishings has increased a lot over the last month.
//Pompe

3€
ITM: 60,5% (1st: 20,9%, 2nd: 20,9%, 3rd: 18,6%)

5€
ITM: 31,7% (1st: 9,8%, 2nd: 9,8%, 3rd: 12,2%)

10€
ITM: 41,2% (1st: 19,1%, 2nd: 10,3%, 3rd: 11,8%)

20€
ITM: 44,8% (1st: 24,1%, 2nd: 20,0%, 3rd: 8,0%)

DJ Sensei
08-29-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my 5th and 6th finishings has increased a lot over the last month

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a case of being on the down side of variance to me. However, its much better to see a rise in 5th and 6th places to correspond to your downswing in ITM. From what I gather, most very good players have a finish distribution that has peaks at 1st/2nd and 5th/6th and is lower in 3rd/4th and 7th-10th. Without any other information to go on, that reflects well on your playing style (aggressive near the bubble, playing to win).

Just keep playing your game, post some hands that are interesting, and read a lot, and you should be fine.

Sabrazack
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
You say nothing about your sample size. 24% first places in 20€ tournaments makes it sound like its a pretty small sample size. And a 60% ITM at 3€ tables? Wtf is up with that?

EnderFFX
08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Results too small, need examples of you busting out and I'd say at least 1,000 tourneys in the book.

08-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks for your comments, I truly appreciate them.
I´m aware that I should have many more samples to really be able to see a pattern, but I thought, because of the big turn-around so recently, that I could need a few hints.

Yes, the 20€ results are from only about 60 games.
The 3€ however are from 120 games. I know my ITM results are pretty good in that one and my only guess is that people tend to play more recklessly because of the low buy-in.

AliasMrJones
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your comments, I truly appreciate them.
I´m aware that I should have many more samples to really be able to see a pattern, but I thought, because of the big turn-around so recently, that I could need a few hints.

Yes, the 20€ results are from only about 60 games.
The 3€ however are from 120 games. I know my ITM results are pretty good in that one and my only guess is that people tend to play more recklessly because of the low buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample size for any of the levels is too small to be meaningful.