PDA

View Full Version : "Gays" killing our soliders, via God?

Easy E
08-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm assuming everyone in Kansas isn't this stupid... or ignorant (http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050828002909990004)

If God were wasting his/her time, it wouldn't be about these blights of humanity....

Of course, if we were allowed to just shoot worthless morons, there'd be a lot of holes to dig all over.

Voltron87
08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
wait, they protested at funerals? are you serious?

what is wrong with these people? someone tell me theyre not for real.

codewarrior
08-29-2005, 12:19 PM
The article said that the church was basically one guy and his family, so unless there is a lot of inbreeding in Kansas, you are correct in saying that most people in Kansas are not that stupid.

Shajen
08-29-2005, 12:21 PM
those protestors should show some [censored] respect.

I hate people.

[ QUOTE ]
The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates fags'' and "God hates you.''

[/ QUOTE ]

The devil is sitting back laughing right now.

steelcmg
08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
If someone protested anything at one of my family members funerals they wouldnt be walking out of there and a few of us would probably be in jail.

theghost
08-29-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone protested anything at one of my family members funerals they wouldnt be walking out of there and a few of us would probably be in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

jedi
08-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Even if you believe in the Bible of Christianity, then you should realize that homosexuality is the LEAST of this country's problems.

codewarrior
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
The scripture the thumpers constantly quote regarding homosexuality is in the Old Testement, not the "Bible of Christianity"

What is the Jewish take on gays, BTW?

Dominic
08-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I've never understood how people can be this stupid.

imported_The Vibesman
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
God: Uhh, yeah, Rev. Phelps? Just kind of wondering if you could downplay this whole, uhh, you-me connection. Thanks.

wayabvpar
08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I would love to see a follow up story to this where Katrina spawns a giant [censored] tornado right on top of their church with all those hateful inbred douchebags inside.

Blarg
08-29-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Talk about crossing a line.

Lazymeatball
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
For more info on this, see the thread we had over the weekend.

"God Hates Fags" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3255390&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

I think we came to the consensus that this is so obviously wrong there is no point getting all high and mighty on the internet and denouncing it, because there's no rational person arguing for this cause. Basically the guy behind this is a proven crackpot with a long history of being insane, it's better just to laugh at him or feel sorry for him, your pick.

nbake
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
The worst thing about the Phelps family is that they are lawyers, so you can't touch them.

jedi
08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The scripture the thumpers constantly quote regarding homosexuality is in the Old Testement, not the "Bible of Christianity"

[/ QUOTE ]

Semantics, but I think that the "Bible of Christianity" includes both the old and new testaments. I think it's clear that Christianity does condemn the act of homosexuality, but I don't believe the Bible itself calls on people to speak for God when they say "God hates fags." You might as well picket the Reeves family with signs that say "God hates those who don't love their neighbor" or "God hates time wasting morons who have nothing better to do than to ruin the memory of those who have served overseas by picketing at their funeral."

Oh, and to answer your question. I don't know what the Jewish take on it is.

Blarg
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The worst thing about the Phelps family is that they are lawyers, so you can't touch them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst thing is that they're a family and there's not just one of them.

spamuell
08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with having gay desires, it's wrong to commit homosexual acts.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this is Orthodox Jews I'm talking about.

MrMon
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on which Jews you ask. There is no "Jewish" answer. Reform Jews will give you a much different answer than Orthodox Jews. Conservative Jews as usual are somewhere in the middle. Some Reform rabbis will marry gay couples, whereas Orthodox rabbis not only won't marry them, they will outright condemn them and point out that the penalty for homosexual acts is stoning. And even within the Reform movement, you'll get a spectrum of answers. But on the whole, most Jews are Reform in this country and pretty tolerent of gays, even if they don't necessarily go all the way to gay marriage.

Most of the commentary on homosexuality is found in Leviticus. I'd take Christian usage of Leviticus to condemn homosexuality a lot more seriously if they'd also apply all the other rules in Leviticus, which Orthodox Jews do, but Christians conveniently ignore.