PDA

View Full Version : #2 overall pick, 12 team league - holmes v alexander - plus

junkmail3
08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Alright, here's the situation, I'm in an ESPN league that has its draft tonight.

My bother-in-law (who is also a good friend) has the #1 pick. We've talked a lot about this draft and the idiots that are in it. I'm sure he's taking LT #1.

QBs get 4 pts/TD and I'm pretty sure someone will wiff and take Manning in the first round.

Two questions. I've seen some talk about Holmes v Alexander, but nothing definitive about who's the better selection.

1. Who should I take #2?
2. If I can make a trade, should I?

I'm trying to get a trade where I trade my #1 pick with a pick that toward the end of a round (6th, 8th) for a first round pick and a 3rd round pick.

Is this a worthwhile trade? And how far can I drop in the first round? I'm thinking 7th perhaps.

The Armchair
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
1) Alexander is one of the most solid players this year, and I'd take him in a heartbeat over everyone not named Ladanian.

2) With the disadvantage you have at the #2 RB position (you're getting him at #23 or #26), you really need a solid anchor to your running game. After Alexander and LT, just about every RB has a big question attached to him. I'd not deal out of the second overall spot.

bugstud
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Alexander is one of the most solid players this year, and I'd take him in a heartbeat over everyone not named Ladanian.

2) With the disadvantage you have at the #2 RB position (you're getting him at #23 or #26), you really need a solid anchor to your running game. After Alexander and LT, just about every RB has a big question attached to him. I'd not deal out of the second overall spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd deal out to #3 if I could get real value out of it