PDA

View Full Version : Enough information to fold this QQ? 50NL 6-max

ludo72
08-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Both villains have been very quiet this far.

SB = $53.60
BB = $38.05 and I cover both

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$50) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.00) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $15.00</font>, Hero ???

My thinking is that I have to make my decision to either play this hand or not here on the flop because any action I take will likely commit me. Am I too weak if I fold this here?

trumpman84
08-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I think I'm paying this off here. SB could be leading into a raggedy flop with any pair/draw because he thinks the high cards missed and there are many draws, lesser overpairs (JJ, TT, 99) or maybe even a hand like A8s or 89s that BB could be raising with if he thinks you missed and SB is leading with a weak hand. There's no way BB could be playing AA or KK given the preflop action unless he's a donk, so the only hand you really have to worry about are 88, 33, 22. If the board was less draw heavy and disconnected, I might be more inclined to think one of them is setted up, but as is, I think I push here.

Remember, you raised from the button in a steal position before the flop so it's unlikely that either of them puts you on a big pair. The more I think about it, the more I think SB could be leading with almost anything and BB could be raising with as little as top pair/overpair thats not AA or KK. I'd say you have the best hand here about 60% of the time.

djoyce003
08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
this is 50 nl....i'd push here, I think you are ahead a lot of the time. I'm continually amazed at the 50 nl what these morons turn over.