PDA

View Full Version : i will not be satisfied with this hurricane coverage unless

boedeker
08-29-2005, 09:00 AM
they keep the reporters out, exposed to the wind, to see if its strong enough to blow them away. until that point i will not be satisfied.

lucky for me all stations are complying.

jokerthief
08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
I won't be satisfied until the news stations stfu. I don't know what I hate more, hurricanes or Natalie Holloway.

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what I hate more, hurricanes or Natalie Holloway.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife is glued to Natalee Holloway coverage. I've talked with her about it. Apparently, it hits the same nerve the Lifetime movies do. It's a chick thing.

08-29-2005, 10:08 AM
I enjoy the Natalie Holloway story a little bit, too. I won't be satisfied with this hurricane unless the city is destroyed. Otherwise, I'll be a little pissed because all I've heard for last 24 hours is that New Orleans will be destroyed.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife is glued to Natalee Holloway coverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the missing girl in Aruba? Did something happen with that? I've been TV-less for four days.

durron597
08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I won't be satisfied until the news stations stfu. I don't know what I hate more, hurricanes or Natalie Holloway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, a Hurricane destroying a major city is interesting. I could care less about one random disappearance, though.

Scott Peterson, Michael Jackson, all that crap pissed me off too. But I like watching Katrina news *shrug*.

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the missing girl in Aruba? Did something happen with that? I've been TV-less for four days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. They arrested the main suspect's buddies again.

08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
They arrested those guys again ? I didn't know that. That's like the 3rd time they've arrested them. It's becoming a joke. I assume they arrested them because Natalie's mom wanted them arrested. What a joke.

At this point, I'm waiting for a reporter to get the crap knocked out of him by some flying debris, haven't seen it yet, but I'm waiting.

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

At this point, I'm waiting for a reporter to get the crap knocked out of him by some flying debris, haven't seen it yet, but I'm waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Fox News guy just now almost got taken out. Filled his pants live on camera.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 10:23 AM
FNC has a guy out in the storm in Gulfport, MS, which is something like 45 minutes East of New Orleans. He's standing there, bracing himself against the wind in the parking lot of some hotel talking about how the wind is ripping off pieces of the hotel's sign and its roof and how scary it is to be there right now. The guy in the studio kept him there for like 5-10 minutes talking stupid [censored], the guy could barely talk or even stand up, until a piece of the hotel's roof landed 3 feet away from the guy and he just gave up and said "I'm getting out of here... I'll be back on in the next hour."

This is just ridiculous. Get these people out of there.

08-29-2005, 10:24 AM
whoa, it says levee broken. Might be more hype, though.

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FNC has a guy out in the storm in Gulfport, MS, which is something like 45 minutes East of New Orleans. He's standing there, bracing himself against the wind in the parking lot of some hotel talking about how the wind is ripping off pieces of the hotel's sign and its roof and how scary it is to be there right now. The guy in the studio kept him there for like 5-10 minutes talking stupid [censored], the guy could barely talk or even stand up, until a piece of the hotel's roof landed 3 feet away from the guy and he just gave up and said "I'm getting out of here... I'll be back on in the next hour."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the guy. Wind was lifting him right off his feet. This kind of coverage almost justifies the existence of 24-hr news coverage. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Latest FNC quote, "It's a different kind of hurricane experience."

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Latest FNC quote, "It's a different kind of hurricane experience."

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but it depends on if you're in the Noon to 3 o'clock... I mean Noon... 3 o'clock... no, Noon to 9 o'clock... I'm all mixed up... Noon to 3 o'clock, or the top-right quadrant... then you have to add 15mph to the wind speed.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Holy [censored]... now they've got some fool up to his knees in water in Mobile, AL next to a Highway 188 sign. He's holding a wind guage, updating us on how hard the wind's blowing... "there's another wind gust at 51mph".

ChipWrecked
08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]... now they've got some fool up to his knees in water in Mobile, AL next to a Highway 188 sign. He's holding a wind guage, updating us on how hard the wind's blowing... "there's another wind gust at 51mph".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm [censored] loving it. I was thinking, "Hey, I think the 'Jenny' just went by."

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, that was great.

08-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Damn, I missed it. I walked away for 10 min and something cool happened.

Pocket Trips
08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm [censored] loving it. I was thinking, "Hey, I think the 'Jenny' just went by."

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Forrest and Lt. Dan are out at sea right now.. don't worry though.. they will survive and become millionaires

08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Hype. It was all a bunch of hype. It isn't even flooding in the French quarters of New Orleans. I'm sick of the media hyping stuff.

Sponger15SB
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg they just showed a replay of this on Fox News, I was cracking up the whole freakin time. This guy was hilarious. Half the time you couldn't even see him and he almost got knocked over by the wind.

I'm seriously waiting until they show a guy strapped to a telephone poll with water 10 feet deep under him while he is reporting.

SippinSoma
08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF is still out of power. Hope you're doing well.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg they just showed a replay of this on Fox News, I was cracking up the whole freakin time. This guy was hilarious. Half the time you couldn't even see him and he almost got knocked over by the wind.

I'm seriously waiting until they show a guy strapped to a telephone poll with water 10 feet deep under him while he is reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]
"They were telling people, even if you don't have a place to go, just get in your car and go, just get out of Mississippi... and it's starting to make a lot of sense now... *craps pants* WHOAH! whoah man, I'm gettin' outta here! A big chunk of roof just landed about three feet away from me. I'll be back up next hour."

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"They were telling people, even if you don't have a place to go, just get in your car and go, just get out of Mississippi... and it's starting to make a lot of sense now... *craps pants* WHOAH! whoah man, I'm gettin' outta here! A big chunk of roof just landed about three feet away from me. I'll be back up next hour."

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy was just back on the air:
"This is as hard as it's been, I can tell you that. I just judge it by whether I can stand up or not. So far, I can still stand up."

You can see him leaning against the wind, all kinds of [censored] blowing by him, holding his microphone in one hand and his other hand protecting his nuts... "whoooaaaahhh! Whoah!" the wind blows harder, he's 'standing' there and sliding across the field/parking lot/whatever... and then they cut away and say he went inside once the trees started snapping and flying by him.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy was just back on the air:
"This is as hard as it's been, I can tell you that. I just judge it by whether I can stand up or not. So far, I can still stand up."

You can see him leaning against the wind, all kinds of [censored] blowing by him, holding his microphone in one hand and his other hand protecting his nuts... "whoooaaaahhh! Whoah!" the wind blows harder, he's 'standing' there and sliding across the field/parking lot/whatever... and then they cut away and say he went inside once the trees started snapping and flying by him.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's back again, talking about the sign:

"Just take a look at the sign! This morning, it said 'Restaurant', then a few hours ago, it just said 'aurant', and now it just says 'nt'!"

mmbt0ne
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Patrick and Sponger will enjoy this I know

Go to cnn.com, and check out the video called 'Riding the Wind' or 'New Orleans Winds'

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My GF is still out of power. Hope you're doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing ok. Have power. No cable, Internet or phone at home. Thanks for the thought. Hope the GF gets turned back on soon.

mmbt0ne
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hope the GF gets turned back on soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely to happen while she's dating soma.

Shajen
08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Ok, if that guy gets hurt I gotta say he deserves it.

maryfield48
08-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I just saw some video of a guy who ran into waist-deep water to help a guy in a car who had moronically driven right into it. I swear the rescuer looked just like NPA.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Does the governor of Alabama not sound exactly like one of the characters from King of the Hill?

08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the governor of Alabama not sound exactly like one of the characters from King of the Hill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what. He sounds like he's from Oklahoma to me.