PDA

View Full Version : questions questions question

1800GAMBLER
08-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Hero ($1950)
BB ($2921.50)
UTG ($7288.80)
MP1 ($1577.50)
MP2 ($2295)
CO ($2395)
Button ($1970)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $20, MP2 calls $20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $56</font>, BB calls $46, MP1 calls $46, MP2 calls $46.

Flop: ($264) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $250.

Turn: ($764) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks.

Preflop was silly, i'd normally make it more here but moving on.

Turn bet or check? If so how much?

If checked, say he auto bets the pot using the bet pot party button?

If checked, he bets $400?

Thanks.

08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I think check if he's autobetting; you're ahead of his range, as a Q is unlikely to have helped him, and you figure to be ahead on the flop. I wouldn't raise because you could be recked. I'd then lead the river unless a real scare card like Ac fell.

flawless_victory
08-29-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If checked, say he auto bets the pot using the bet pot party button?

[/ QUOTE ]
id fold so fast.
[ QUOTE ]

If checked, he bets $400?

[/ QUOTE ]call, then check river.

muzungu
08-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Bah, this is sooo player-dependent, and no read... I guess I am gonna have to answer for everyone. Ehh, good practice, i guess.

Tightie: probably puts you on an overpair (you did lead into 3 callers), he is folding 77-TT. Only has set/clubs/55. He'll probably check behind with his draws here, so I am check-folding.

Alternately, you could lead for 600ish and be done with it. He won't have the odds to call with clubs/55, if he puts $ in he has you. This line is better if you think he could have 77-TT as well, as he might bet those if you check.

Loose/Tricky: If he is capable of semibluffraising the turn, or calling and bluffing all-in on the river, I'm not going to lead here. Trade free cards for a chance at pot control. If he leads small, I probably call and play poker on the river. If he leads big, I dunno, so I am gonna say something trite like "go with your read" and leave it at that. If he pots it you are obviously making a commitment decision here.

1800GAMBLER
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Do my threads suck? I never known which hands to post, this one hit me as surprising because i'd have differently action to different bet sizes.

fimbulwinter
08-29-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do my threads suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, keep posting, please.

however, sometimes you do post things that are real metagame and player dependant and those things you post which aren't really appeal to a very small swath of 2+2ers who acn actually understand what you're asking and who can process at a high enough level to give you an answer worth typing.

fim

ps- in general i bet the turn cos of the board. namely there are a lot of hands with good pot equity that will fold and a few second best hands that will make a thin valuecall and see a cheap showdown against your two barrel overs bluff. basically you have o reason to think you're behind and a lot of hands paying you off.

if you check and he autobets its a muck right quick. if you check and he bets 400 call and play poker on the river.

Popinjay
08-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't think you should bet the flop. The turn has more cards you hate than you like and you are OOP.

1800GAMBLER
08-29-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should bet the flop. The turn has more cards you hate than you like and you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the risk of giving free cards to hands that would not calll a bet, even a small one, well overweights this.

creedofhubris
08-29-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree entirely. If hero had AA or KK, fine, but you don't want overcards to see a free card with JJ.

I would go ahead and put the $400 in myself on that turn, gambler. Against 90% of opponents you can fold to a raise.

BobboFitos
08-29-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along the same lines...

creedofhubris
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to check this flop you need to be limping your JJ preflop.

I mean, jeez, this is in the top 15% of flops for JJ.

Popinjay
08-29-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree entirely. If hero had AA or KK, fine, but you don't want overcards to see a free card with JJ.

I would go ahead and put the $400 in myself on that turn, gambler. Against 90% of opponents you can fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the amount of opponents and the board it is very very likely that another card will be seen whether it is free or not. The difference is you can put more money in and then leave yourself extremely vulnerable for the next two cards or not put any money in and see what happens.

BobboFitos
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? A call here can mean so many things.. what do you want to see in a now escalating pot for the turn? If you get raised here, what now?

It's so easy to be moved off your hand, a flop bet doesn't really derive that much equity for your hand.

The board is what, 3 4 6 w/ 2 clubs?
So... what is a scare card... A (nfd) 2, 5, 7, hell even 8 (all straight cards, some bringing 4 straight on) C, even board pairing (esp. 6) isn't great. So what do you want to see?

The J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 9s, 3 Ts, and overs arent bad. (So 3 Qs and 3 Ks) So 16 cards are good. Every other card makes you either want to check-fold or bet-fold.

MTBlue
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I think I bet the flop and the turn.
The villain is most likely drawing to something and I want him to pay also I think I block every river and fold to a raise without a read.
I probably bet less on the flop, maybe 2/3 of the pot and then maybe 1/2 pot on the turn with a 1/4- 1/2 pot sized bet on the river and fold to a raise on the turn or the river. You probably have the best hand but playing a big pot with it oop really sucks. I like betting every river except 7c and 2c because there are so many draws that you don't have a clear picture of what the villain is calling with and by blocking you take alot of his ability to bluff you out.

Oh and I've been playing small stakes ($200NL) recently so take this with a grain of salt.

fimbulwinter
08-29-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the risk of giving free cards to hands that would not calll a bet, even a small one, well overweights this.

[/ QUOTE ]

creedofhubris
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? A call here can mean so many things.. what do you want to see in a now escalating pot for the turn? If you get raised here, what now?

It's so easy to be moved off your hand, a flop bet doesn't really derive that much equity for your hand.

The board is what, 3 4 6 w/ 2 clubs?
So... what is a scare card... A (nfd) 2, 5, 7, hell even 8 (all straight cards, some bringing 4 straight on) C, even board pairing (esp. 6) isn't great. So what do you want to see?

The J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 9s, 3 Ts, and overs arent bad. (So 3 Qs and 3 Ks) So 16 cards are good. Every other card makes you either want to check-fold or bet-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is, my guess is that if you wait for JJJ or a rainbow board of undercards with no coordination (like 942) to bet a flop, you're going to be betting &lt; 20% of flops, and you probably shouldn't raise preflop if you're only going to bet 20% of the time.

Imperial
08-30-2005, 12:36 AM
bet 500 and fold to a raise.

KaneKungFu123
08-30-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

800 should have raised more preflop if he was going to make this bet on the flop.

his small raise is the equivilant of limping imo.

creedofhubris
08-30-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

800 should have raised more preflop if he was going to make this bet on the flop.

his small raise is the equivilant of limping imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's already acknowledged that the pf raise was a lapse in the initial post.

I still think checking this flop is criminal unless he plans to do a stop and big ol' turn bet go or something.