PDA

View Full Version : AQ in CO, raised on the flop

MrEngenic
08-29-2005, 07:59 AM
No read on villain, but table is tight as always on crypto. What is my action on turn and river and why?

2/4 Crypto

Preflop: Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Folded to MP3 who calls, Hero raises, Button coldcalls, blinds fold, MP3 calls

Flop: (7 SB) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, MP3 folds, Hero calls

Turn: (5.5 BB) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero?

PoKeRPooT
08-29-2005, 09:19 AM
being as u dont have a read on him all you can do is put him on a range of hands. A10, K10, J10, TT....q10 maybe... A4 is unlikely.... would check/call him the rest of the way. you do have a decent enuff hand that may win. Paying him off here will give you so much insight for future pots against him.

08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I think you definitely are seeing a showdown here. The question is to bet or c/c on the turn. I'm thinking I'd probably bet. If the table is tight I don't think he is coldcalling a10, or a hand that includes a 4. I'm thinking a mid pocket pair like 77-99 which he thinks is good on the flop, 1010 which you are screwed if he has. Or maybe he slowplayed a bigger pocketpair JJ-AA, though most villians are likely to wait until the turn to raise AA or KK if they played it this way. I think you are ahead a lot here, I like a bet/call, check/call or bet the river depending on the action. I guess you could go for a checkraise but I hate getting 3bet if you're behind.

sean c
08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
being as u dont have a read on him all you can do is put him on a range of hands. A10, K10, J10, TT....q10 maybe... A4 is unlikely.... would check/call him the rest of the way. you do have a decent enuff hand that may win. Paying him off here will give you so much insight for future pots against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker I don't like check/calling down here. If we are ahead we will win the least with this play villian will likely bet the turn and check the river through after we call his turn bet or bet both streets if we are behind. I am betting the turn or check/raising.

krimson
08-29-2005, 09:46 AM
I would probably lead the turn again. If Villian has a pocket pair like 99 or something he might get timid with the A on the board and not bet. Plus, a c/r shows we have a good hand, and he might fold weaker pairs, while us leading the turn can look like a steal attempt.

crunchy1
08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
I lead the turn.

I think we want to get in at least one bet on each remaining street. I don't like trying to checkraise the turn because (A) there's too much chance that Villian will check behind and (B) I don't like opening up our hand to a 3-bet possibility. I also think that, a good percentage of the time, the stop'n'go move confuses Villian enough to make him call down with a weak hand that might not have paid us off if we sucessfully check/raise the turn.

ReadyEddie
08-29-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably lead the turn again. If Villian has a pocket pair like 99 or something he might get timid with the A on the board and not bet. Plus, a c/r shows we have a good hand, and he might fold weaker pairs, while us leading the turn can look like a steal attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

KramerTM
08-29-2005, 12:09 PM
This is DEFINITELY a c/c, b/f situation. You'll win the most when you are ahead (if Villain has JTs or KTs) and lose the least when you're behind (Villain has ATs or TT). Anyone agree?

MrEngenic
08-30-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is DEFINITELY a c/c, b/f situation. You'll win the most when you are ahead (if Villain has JTs or KTs) and lose the least when you're behind (Villain has ATs or TT). Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought